Sign in to follow this  
Guest Punkie

How to permanently set the recording speed

Guest Punkie

Hi,

I have an LG DVD-RW drive that is apparently not fully supported, however I can write things just fine (so far). The only problem is with the burning speed: it seems CDBurnerXP cannot auto detect the correct speeds, so I have to override it and set it manually.

I know my drive can write up to 16x for a DVD (not yet sure about the CD writing speed, but I can find out when needed), and I'd like to skip checking the override settings all the time?

Is there a way to permanently set this in a configuration file? Something where I can specify "I can write at 16x, 8x, 6x, 4x, 2x and 1x for DVD and 52x, 48x, etc. for CD. Make my default speeds 16x for DVD and 52x for CD."

Thanks in advance for the help and thank you for a pretty satisfying but freeware software (answers most of my needs, less a couple of restrictions on file sizes and verification, which I hope in time will disappear).