Xp cdBurner doesn't recornise my Plext. 708a so i can't burn

Guest w6000

Help is wanted, because xp cd burner doesn't recornise my plextor 708a and this is my problem... what to do...? please give me a answer... gr. hj

Hm, do other programs work well?

Yes, and i'm for sure that it;s not my burner or the instalation of my burner because i burnt before but never with xp cd burner.. he recornise my plextor but doesn't give the right parameters to burn..

Is there a program to load information into the xp program...?

Doesn't give the right parameters? Why do you think so? Any error messages?

When i want to wright

He says: There is no disc inserted. please insert a comp. disc etc.. etc..

But he also says when i click on choose recorder information: write max speed n/a

Read max speed n/a

buffer size 0,0 mb

firmware version 1.03

BUT THAT IS WRONG INFORMATION

And the strange thing is that he recornise d: and plextor dvdr px-708a 1.03

But gives wrong info...

What to do..?

Hm....do you have ASPI installed? If so, try to remove it. You could also try updatinf the firmware of your drive or installing ASPI if it is not installed.

Hm....do you have ASPI installed? If so, try to remove it. You could also try updatinf the firmware of your drive or installing ASPI if it is not installed.

Thanks for letting me know how to solve this problem. As you said, I (and probably many others with me ;)) would have never thought of this myself.

Same thing on my plextor 708a firmware 1.07 with xp pro. It sees the burner but not the disc.

sorry i meant firmware 1.06

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gimplord

Did you try advanced burning options?

Where do you find those? I only see regular options..

And it's same here.. Plextor PX-708A with 1.06 firmware.. Detects drive but always says no disc in drive even those its definately one inserted..

Works fine to burn from other cdwriting applications.

(WindowsXP Pro SP1 with ASPI and totally updated)

Hi

i got a BenQ DW800A and the cdb don't recogn my drive. She works good with other softw. (Pinnacle and others). I'd like that work with this prog, but...

Thanks for any help

Guest gimplord

In burning window at bottom. There are you can click on advanced (to try different settings).

Thats the thing.. I cant get the burning window because when I click "Write.." it prompts me to insert a disc..