Sign in to follow this  
DeathAndPain

Converting a floppy disk into a boot image

I want to create a bootable CD using a floppy disk as the boot template. Now I have the problem described in this thread. Now I know there are tons of boot images for various boot disks out there, so I wonder how such boot image files are created? As far as I understand, all it takes to use a given floppy disk as a template for a bootable CD is converting it into a boot image.

How are such boot images created? There are several of them out there in the internet, and I doubt they were written with a hex editor. Is there a tool that can create a boot image from a floppy disk, so that I can use that image in CD Burner XP afterwards? This would be the obvious alternative to waiting until the authors have finally included this functionality into the program, and I can hardly imagine that such a tool does not exist out there, although I fail to locate it.