Sign in to follow this  
Regdor

File size problem.

I am trying burn a DVD to view Flash Mob .mp4 files on a PC.

When I play the DVD, some of the burnt files are shorter. i.e. the last 2 or 3 minutes is not recored.( I am using VLC Media Player)

Does the burn speed effect the quality?

I can't understand why only 3 out of 13 files are effected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regdor.

I have the same question. I have three .csv files and one .xls file on my hard drive that are a certain size. But when they are burned to a CD-R, their size on disk is smaller when I view the properties window in Windows 7 to compare them. This happens when I burn the files directly or all four in a directory at the same time. When I view and compare the files using open office all the files look identical internally. This does not seem to happen with any other file type, (that I know of at this time).  Can anybody tell me what CDBurnerXP is doing here and is this a phenomenon of all CD burning or what?

Thanks

Mac1995 

There is both "size" and "size on disc". The latter one depends on the file system used (cluster size), and considering that HDDs and optical discs use very different file systems, it is not unusual for there to be a difference.