Sign in to follow this  
floele

News about CDBurnerXP

I have been talking to Stefan (one of the developers) and there are some news about CDBurnerXP:

1. The next beta version (and thus the final version) will be based on .NET 2.0. This allows us to remove some crappy code from the current betas.

2. In future CDBXP will focus on its main features. The ripper, audio editor and tag editor will be removed and made available (if at all, I don't know about his) as seperate applications. CDBXP should get a cleaner interface by doing that.

3. We will get an updated burning library soon, new features include but are not limited to

Disc-at-once, Session-at-once, and Track- at-Once recoding modes for all supported formats. (audio\video\data)

DVD-Video (UDF\ISO9660 bridge file systems)

Multi-session support on every format including DVD-R DL with Layer Jump

mode.

.ISO file editing and recovery.

Support for DVD-R DL Layer Jump recording.

Data compression options for on-the-fly Data CD\DVDs.

Data Image parsing/editing.

Bridged Data images (Joliet\ISO\UDF\El Torito)

UDF File system support.

Optional Unicode only optimized releases.

Plug-in Audio support for on-the-fly MP3\OGG\WMA decoding.

CD-TEXT for audio CDs.

Easy interfaces and high performance to maximize device capabilities.

Highly flexible for different needs.

Designed for HD and BD support in near future.

The features you are saying are way to promising!!

When are we going to see this version? 2010???

When are we going to see this version? 2010???

Probably :P

We never developed a library ourselves, and we are not going back to non-.NET. This discussion has been settled long time ago (actually, we didn't have any discussion, it was a decision).

Optional Unicode only optimized releases.

What does this mean?

Are we going to be at last able to burn non-english named files?

Shirish, remember you don't have to install .net, as described here: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/install-without-dotnet

I know that Guest, I used those same library routines which emulate .Net or something & do a wonderful job of the same. I was asking Flo the same if that same library could be used for further upgrades. I'm not going to install .Net without upgrading to 1 GB as .Net is a big memory hogger & I'm not inclined to buy more stuff.

The virtual shirish jumps with joy, does couple of somersaults in the air, comes down & bows down to Flo.

If this becomes a reality nothing can beat CDBurnerXP Pro from becoming numero uno. At some point even the big mags. like CHIP or DIGIT would take notice from u & then u can make some good money. Only hope it doesn't change how u guys are :)

Flo,

...I would hate to install .net

You can't live without .NET soon. That's a fact. I don't know why people afraid of it.. That's like "I won't use Windows XP, let me use my old Win95 or DOS"...

Anyway, when we can expect the new beta? :D:D

I have been talking to Stefan (one of the developers) and there are some news about CDBurnerXP:

1. The next beta version (and thus the final version) will be based on .NET 2.0. This allows us to remove some crappy code from the current betas.

2. In future CDBXP will focus on its main features. The ripper, audio editor and tag editor will be removed and made available (if at all, I don't know about his) as seperate applications. CDBXP should get a cleaner interface by doing that.

Excellent news. There are good and free programs for ripping and tagging (like CDEx and ID3 TagIt) which are more powerful than any built-in solution. Keep up the good work, hope to see new beta (and final) soon.

Ivan

I'm really happy to hear you're focusing on streamlining instead of turning this outstanding product into bloatware. It's the main reason I'll never go back to Nero or Roxio.

That said, have you looked into integrating CDBXP into the shell? It would be REALLY cool if I could just grab some files in Explorer and drag them onto a DVD drive that has a blank disc inserted.

OSX does this so easily, why Microsoft insists on using the p.o.s. Roxio engine, I'll never know. And Roxio's and Nero's drag-and-burn utilities seem to only burn resources, not discs.

Keep up the great work! :)

Guest Fred_

Hello,

I didn't know CDBXP before, but what I just see in this coming features is exactly what I was looking for.. :-) hope you that tis new version could be available soon with all this features. thanks in advance for this nice work..

I think it's a good move to focus just on the burning functions. And I also see no problem in using the .NET framework. Windows Vista will have it integrated by default anyway. People who complain about it just don't know what they're talking about. Accept .NET and be a happy user.

Superb decision - I can't wait till this is a fully released program.

I like the idea of keeping the extra tools but as separate programs... how about doing this as plug-ins or something so other developers can also write these additions?

I really love CDBurnerXP Pro, and the only feature I really want is to create a (VERY SIMPLE) DVD film disc from movie files on my PC, but I really see this as a Plug-In or expansion program which uses the core writing engine from CDBurnerXP Pro.

Dave