Sign in to follow this  
floele

News about CDBurnerXP

Guest nan 3200

merci et bravo pour ce freeware vraiment bien fait et tres agreable a utiliser quelques bugs graphiques encores, mais j utilise aussi un win tres customize peut etre responsable de ces legers disfonctionnements, qui de toute facon, n enlevent rien a ce prog,

Guest guest

I would like to get this question out of the way:

Will it, or will it not be possible to directly copy a CD regardless of it's contents?

That is for example: will it be possible to copy Audio CD's on-the-fly?

Happy coding

Guest linney

how much is it again it's not free so like if it isn't you suck why is there no free trials

linney, no offense meant, but are you a troll or just "confused"? :roll: This software IS free, no need for a trial. Don't know how one can come to the conclusion that it's payware.

But it's really worth some money, so go and donate something. ;)

I'm really happy to hear you're focusing on streamlining instead of turning this outstanding product into bloatware. It's the main reason I'll never go back to Nero or Roxio.

That said, have you looked into integrating CDBXP into the shell? It would be REALLY cool if I could just grab some files in Explorer and drag them onto a DVD drive that has a blank disc inserted.

OSX does this so easily, why Microsoft insists on using the p.o.s. Roxio engine, I'll never know. And Roxio's and Nero's drag-and-burn utilities seem to only burn resources, not discs.

Keep up the great work! :)

I recommended that a LONG time ago...it would make CDB a unique app in a field of many.

Guest Omar Perez

You mean the last version ever published or the last version 3.0, till the new development, if you decide to stop making cdburner xp pro, which is your right, can you make it open source? I would be glad to put some work on it in the near , unfortanelly at the moment I can't becase I am develping a very competitive application for a company and a set of personal applications, like a full featured tweaker like , Ccleaner, regseeker and Tweak UI in one, and a Video player, similar to BS player pro but with the built in support of Avi(Xvid), matroska, vorbis and DVD in one, which is actually my main personal project :).

Well, I also have a question, I am software developer in progress, I think that still have a lot to learn, well I have the full feature version of VB6 and the express version of vb2k5, should I switch to 2005 express or stay with Vb6 till i get the full featured version of 2005? I am a noob in VB, but I have domain of C, C++m Fortran, Cobol, Object Pacal(delphi) and in pascal.

PEACE..

Guest Don_t_like_dot_NET

FleetCommand Translator wrote:

You can't live without .NET soon. That's a fact. I don't know why people afraid of it.. That's like "I won't use Windows XP, let me use my old Win95 or DOS"...

YES. I prefer my new DOS from Windows XP, and ".NET" even more.

Imagine a 64 KB kernel & 1 MB installation, besides several GB of XP.NET :-D

Guest Banned Administrator

@Don_t_like_dot_NET

Moron, .NET is only around 50MB installed. It's just like having the Visual Basic libraries or hell, DirectX, installed.

The reason .NET apps look like they're taking up RAM (in the Task Manager) is because the framework RESERVES memory for use with any applications built with it. If Windows XP (or any other program for that matter) needs the memory, then .NET will automatically deallocate the memory and give it to the requesting program(s).

In other words, .NET is the future of the Windows platform. :P It sure as hell is better than the 6 series.

Personally, I'd like Flo and the others to make CDBurnerXP Pro compatible with the Mono .NET libraries only so we can get some *nix burnin' lovin'. :D

:firefox:

Damned dude, you call yourself "banned administrator". Hope you didn't do real bad things. BTW was it banned from this forum ? Good luck.

[.NET is only around 50MB installed. It's just like having the Visual Basic libraries or hell, DirectX, installed.

The reason .NET apps look like they're taking up RAM (in the Task Manager) is because the framework RESERVES memory for use with any applications built with it. If Windows XP (or any other program for that matter) needs the memory, then .NET will automatically deallocate the memory and give it to the requesting program(s)./quote]

That's true

I would also like them to go this way Mono .net libraries. If there's a GNU/Linux port it would add more fire to machine or machine to the fire LOL. I'm all for it.

Guest technomeister

I'm really happy to hear you're focusing on streamlining instead of turning this outstanding product into bloatware. It's the main reason I'll never go back to Nero or Roxio.

absolutely. i'd been using nero for years but it's become a joke now... 125mb download?! all i want to do is stick some files on a cd :o CBXP is a great app, it does everything i need a cd burner to do and no more 8)

Agreed...a simple cd/dvd burning software... I can't wait to see the newest version. I'm tired of nero.. and if I were to roll back to the 5.x series.. my dvd burner wouldn't be supported....

Guest some_guest

Personally, I'd like Flo and the others to make CDBurnerXP Pro compatible with the Mono .NET libraries only so we can get some *nix burnin' lovin'. :D

:firefox:

for linux there is already k3b which works much better than cdburner xp pro.

UDF support is a must have! actually, it's about time...

Did I really hear you say BD!? :o

Bluray-Disc support would be absolutely incredible!!!!!

Let's hope BD burners and BD-R media become affordable soon...

Guest Mariana

It's been quite a long time since this news posts... Is there any update as to when it may be released or is it close to being released etc?

Thanx