Sign in to follow this  
floele

News about CDBurnerXP

Guest antigin

How much years, how much winters, but these news are better then nothing :) Good idea about removing audio editing, tagging, ripping. Sure, there are a lot of perfect apps like EAC and CDex, fb2k masstagging and mp3tag, Audacity and REAPER etc. Such as advertisement :)

But really we need a multilanguage support and at least one beta in this year :roll::firefox:

New to the forum (it is extremely slow response time).

Anyhow glad to see you have an official forum which Nero & Burrrn do not.

Was told CDBurnerXP could add data session to existing Open Audio CD Compilation (made with Burrrn).

I already have Nero, Roxio, Burrrn, BurnAtOnce, EAC, CloneCD but will take a look at CDBXP.

I'd like to wait though since it sounds like product is in total rewrite now in alpha or beta. Also sounds like it will be pruned of non-core features.

SO HOW SOON should I check back for public stable beta or release of re-written version?

Thanks for your activities ... it would be very nice if i can create "really" Video-DVDs (UDF ...) with the application soon. This will grant you a donation via paypal of mine for sure :-)

Guest Alton Gloer
:( I have CDBurnerXP vers. 3 on two different computers. On one it works fiine, makes great cd's. On the other one no matter what I try to put in the add section, it says that media is longer than the disc allows, even if it is just two or three seconds. When checking the disc, it says disc has nothing on it. Can anybody help me here? alton439@aol.com

it's been a while since this news post, so when are we actually going to see it?

I'd like to know this too.

Anyone care to explain this 2005 report?

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/bugs/

The latest entry was December 2005.

Flo, Stefan, and doners, you may have real life commitments that interfere with work on this, but many more people are counting on you to finish it.

We should at least be at 3.5.101.8 by now.

Guest Tsabo

Hey there, I just wanted to give you my thanks for the work you guys are doing so that people who can't afford software can access it. I really appreciate what you guys are doing. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Guest Tsabo

Hey there, I just wanted to give you my thanks for the work you guys are doing so that people who can't afford software can access it. I really appreciate what you guys are doing. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Guest trilianleo

I'm really happy to hear you're focusing on streamlining instead of turning this outstanding product into bloatware. It's the main reason I'll never go back to Nero or Roxio.

Nero and roxio are bloatware who would have guessed. Cant stand ether.

The next beta version (and thus the final version) will be based on .NET 2.0. This allows us to remove some crappy code from the current betas.

Fine so if after an extreme long developping time that next version will finally be released, I won't even be able to use it because .Net 2.0 works with SP2. And I still use SP1 in complete safety and without any problems.

Fine so if after an extreme long developping time that next version will finally be released, I won't even be able to use it because .Net 2.0 works with SP2. And I still use SP1 in complete safety and without any problems.

At this point, I don't think there are any good reasons left for not upgrading to SP2, no matter how satisfied with SP1 you are. Whining about the consequences of your irrational choice to the developers of CDBurnerXP is just silly. Software gets patched and upgraded, deal with it.

And if you're so in love with outdated software, why not just keep using CDBurnerXP Pro 3.0.116 ad infinitum?

That's different. And I don't have to remind you that the step from SP1 to SP2 is a much bigger step as opposed to an upgrade to a better version of CDBurnerXPPro. Also if I could do an upgrade to Net2.0 without the need of SP2, I would do it. Lucky that not all software needs SP2.

On a sidenote because this is not the right place of course.

About safety: I still get all the safety patches from microsoft without SP2. And why do you think all those safety patches are necessary ? Most of the safety issues were already dealth with by the software manufacturers b4 Microsoft thought it was necessary to take some action by a patch or even long b4 microsoft discovered them too and admitted it.

With top protection softwarewise there's no need 4 SP2.

I recently found CDBXP and wished I'd found it a long time ago! I hope that the CD ripper and managment section stays in CDBXP. I've failed to find any CD rippers even coming close to that designed into CDBXP! It's easy to use and intutive. There are CD rippers which have some features I like, but none that have what CDBXP has in one package.

Ed...

I too am wondering when the next version can be expected. Or at least a rough estimate. It has bee five months since the hint of new features was made and it's been almost two whole years since the last version was released.

I don't have time critical needs for a DVD burner application, but I am wondering if I should wait for the CDBurnerXP Pro upgrade or should I go ahead buy the upgrade to Nero 7. Are we talking May 2007 or November 2006? If I had an idea back in May I would have already upgraded to Nero 7.

But like everyone else on the planet I would like to get away from Nero as it has to much crap in it. And for some reason the company things that's what their customers want. Oh well.

So can we get an estimated release date? Make and educated guess and add two months to it or something.