Sign in to follow this  
Guest cramon

Media recognized full when it's empty (writing ISO image)

Guest cramon

Hello,

when burning a CD ISO image, the program reports that the media is full when it's empty.

Workaround: First select menu Disc / Disc information (Ctrl+I). Then it correctly reports that the media is empty. Afterwards you can write the ISO image whithout problem.

Hope this can help

This needs to be added to the list of bugs, and either corrected or made known in the program. It works, at least for me (and I just downloaded the latest version, being a brand new user)

Guest Punky

Unfortunately that work around hasn't worked for me either.

Here is the background to my problem.

I quick formatted a DVD-RW with the built in disk eraser. It then says "Data exceeds the size of the media". WinXP recognises the disk as empty when inserted. I tried a full format, and had the same effect.

I then tried this with another DVD-RW out of the same batch, and the problem reoccured.

Unfortunately I don't have any other RWs to erase so I don't know whether the problem lies with the eraser or my media. My media is Datasafe Orange, which should use good old Ritek dyes. They are quite old though.

Help that helps isolate the bug.

There is a difference between an "empty" disk and an "erased" disk. If you put in a fresh unformatted disk and do "Disk->Disk Info" you will it that it is "empty". If you put in an erased disk you will see it has one closed session and lots of free space. The bug is that CDBurnerXP Pro will not write on the latter.

My workaround was to download Flash CD & DVD Burner 2.1 from http://www.download.com/Flash-CD-DVD-Bu ... ag=lst-0-1

It also shows the same single closed session on erased disks but it will write an ISO image over it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.