Sign in to follow this  
keno123

I do not get an option of leaving CD-R open for later record

I see in help file there should be an option for multi sessions but when I set up to burn a CD-R I do not get that option, so burn my 5 .wav songs and they play back ok but disc info reports the disk is full and can't burn any more. I've burned music files to cd-rw's and get same info, closed disc, and I am quite sure I checked a box to allow multi sessions with the CD-RW's but still disk shows full.

I would appreciate any tips, guidance etc, about using the various types of CDs and DVD's for music and data as I am building quite a collection of coasters!!

Thanks for any help anyone can give me with these items.

Keno123

If you burned it as an audio cd then it should be closed. If you added the music files as a data disk, then the multisession should work...

No, I burned the music files as music files, not data files. Will try that next time and see how it goes.

Many thanks for the reply.

keno123

Guest keno

I burned my songs to a CD-RW as data files, not audio and it did allow me multi sessions but it will only play back on my computer, NOT on my CD player. I suppose now the question is this: IS it possible to burn audio files (.WAV) to a CD-R or CD-RW and still be able to have multi sessions AND playback on Computer AND CD player? Same question applies to DVD-R and DVD-RW.

I'm not positive, but if your cd player is wma compatible then it should play. However, it may only play if it is closed in a regular cd player that supports wma. But, I'm not 100% on that.

Guest keno

I suspect as my cd player is quite old that it may not be wma compatible --The CD-RW that I burned music files as data will not play on that machine but does on the computer. In any event I am building up my collection of songs and will do them all at once on a CD-R as I did 5 songs as audio files on one of them as a test and it works ok on the old CD player.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate a place to go and discuss and learn all --well, a little anyway about these recording tips

Keno123