Sign in to follow this  
seurat01

Driver Error

I am using an eMachine with Windows XP Home and standard, generic burners, etc.

I installed CDBurnerXP today and it appeared to be working OK. When I rebooted, however, I got an error message advising that a driver had been installed that was causing problems (see text below). The error message references a link on the Roxio site. It appears, however, that I'm supposed to upgrade to the Platinum version of Roxio before installing the driver patch. I have no idea how to proceed since I'm using CDBurnerXP and not Roxio.

I've uninstalled CDBurnerXP, but I'm still getting the error message. Can someone advise as to how to clear this issue?

Thanks,

Wayne

"DirectCD

Roxio, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue Description:

A driver is installed that causes stability problems with your system. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

Contact Information:

Available Patch: http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/xpupdate. ... ion=update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:This information is subject to change.

© 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use."