Problem with burning Data disc

Guest Patni1

Hi,

First, many thanks for an excellent piece of software: very slick and very professional. Keep up the good work!

I was trying to backup my hard disk and was using your software and ran into a curious problem: I selected the data disc option at start up, selected all the files that I wanted to backup using drag and drop. I made sure that the software was selecting my disc writer correctly. Finally I used the Write disc command from the menu to write the disc. The writing operation began and completed, but after completion when I tried to examine the contents, it had written a Audio disc!! I repeated the whole procedure, but even the second burn resulted in a audio disc similar to the first (It has just one file: track0.cda).

Yes, I am positive that I used the "Data disc" option and not audio disc.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my configuration

Windows 2000 SP4

Athlon 1 GHz, 256MB RAM

Cdburnerxp 2.2.7

Mitsumi 4x CD writer (It is supported and in your list, its a 4804 or something like that)

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Patni

No I did not.

But if I just wanted to burn a data cd that displays a list of all files, instead of an ISO, how do I go about doing that? What was I doing wrong earlier? I had kept the burning option at "automatic" instead of "raw write (old Plextor)" or something like that. Does this have something to do with it?

Thanks for your reply.

No I did not.

Then try it. Maybe the files were correctly burned but because of some reason not displayed by Windows Explorer.

But if I just wanted to burn a data cd that displays a list of all files, instead of an ISO, how do I go about doing that?

A list of files? What do you mean by that? A text file? And what has ISO to do with that?

What was I doing wrong earlier? I had kept the burning option at "automatic" instead of "raw write (old Plextor)" or something like that. Does this have something to do with it?

No, I think that what you did was OK. The advanced options you use if something does not work.

Guest patni1

Sorry, what I meant was the files would be displayed just as they do when you try to view the contents of a directory in Windows expolorer, and not a single file that has the files combined together like it has done now. Is this the normal behaviour that I should expect?

Thanks,

Patni