Sign in to follow this  
shirish

overburning - .iso's & normal

Hi all,

I did read the FAQ where at the very last overburning is mentioned. Although I do hate Nero but there are times when u have to say that they did something right. In Nero one is able to find out how much can he overburn on a CD while CDXPP doesn't give any indication as to the limit of the CD & tells after the CD is written that some error had happened & it went over the userdata limit & the error messages are really scary. Could we have a tab where we could set a limit to overburning.

Let me take a use-case which happened with me today. The media I burn normally takes about 702 MB. The file I wanted to burn was 706 MB about 5 MB more which is less than a percent & this is easily done in Nero. In CDXPP however after the whole CD is burnt it says something like encroaching on some space blah... blah & I put the CD to trash without checking. This is how the normal user would be doing. Of course would be trying to do the same thing again tonight but it would be better if we could 've some kinda UI so people can add stuff without such error messages coming in the way. What do u guys think?

Thnx in advance.