Sign in to follow this  
ColourOz

Dual Layer Burning

I am new to CDBurnerXP and so far, love the program. It is simple and most of all, user-friendly. However, I am having problems with burning dual-layer disks. My OS is Windows 7 x64. Does anyone have suggestions why I am making so many frisbies? Help would be appreciated. ColourOz

Yes sure. I have 2 optical drives. Each time I want to copy one disk to another, a message appears that "an error occurred". The disk has no protection. This problem also occurs when I copy data to a DL. I have now wasted 10 DLs. I have also changed discs from Ritek to Verbatum, but still, the problem occurs.

I'm afraid the problem is with your drive. All the laptop drives start malfunctioning after some months of use. They're not as robust as those of the desktops. I had the same problem a few months ago especially with dvd-dl like you, and after discussing it in some forums, I replaced the drive and the problem was solved. Now it works fine in my Win 7 64bit.

I am not using a laptop. I am referring to my desktop. I have a brand-new blu-ray burner in addition to 2 optical DVD drives which give me an error when burning DL as well. This is terribly frustrating as I have burnt over 10 frisbies now. Maybe this is a problem with Windows 7 x64...?

I get part of the way with the burning, ie. 21%, 41% and the like then a message appears:

"An error occured while burning the disk. Most likely the disk is not useable. Usually, these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or is of poor quality. Details: Internal SDK error:"

I have changed the brand of DVD DLs. I have tried burning on XP SP3 with the same error as I get on Win7 x64. I have a new Blu-ray burner and still the same message. I am at a loss what to do now. All used to work fine with the Ritek DLs, but no more. As mentioned, the different brand DLs I still get the same message. I am burning downloaded TV series as well as backup data. I get the same message if I use the Copy or the Data choice. However, I can burn DVDs though and CDs. It is just the DLs that are a problem.

(Later) I have now uninstalled CDBurnerXP as well as taken all references out of the Registry. I found a previous version (4.3.5.2256) and I have so far burnt one copy onto a DL. I hope this continues. If all continues to go well, then there is definitely a problem with the latest version for XP x32 as well as Windows 7 x64.

I don't think that it could be described as an ISO file. I use 'copy data' and drag the TS video folder to the disk. Also, at times I use the 'Copy' and was still having the problem. With the previous version of CDBurnerXP the copying seems to be working fine. Not being a programmer, I have no idea what the problem could be from a previous version working to the later version with problems.