Sign in to follow this  
motherhubbard

How to Restore or Access Deleted files on Data CD/RW Disc

I am running CDBurnerXP Pro v. 3.0.116 on WinXP Pro Service Pack 1 using Lite-on Combo SOHC-5232K.

My problem is that when I was continuing a Joliet Multisession on a Data CD/RW I stupidly cleared all files and folders from the existing compilation, before adding one 18 MB file. I saved the new compilation, without finalizing, overiding the previous dxp for that project. Consequently I lost all the previous files and folders on the disk (about 380 MB worth).

I tried Active@ UNDELETE, Norton System Works, and Fix-It Utilities but these apps could not help with removable drives.

Any suggestions on how I may recover my lost files?

Thanks in advance.

I now see that Isobuster may be the answer to my problem. I'm downloading it now.

Sure wish "Clear Compilation" had given a warning that it would "delete" files from the CD and not simply from the Compilation list. I was simply trying to avoid putting a single file into one of many foldesr already on the disc. I won't make that mistake again.