Sign in to follow this  
tim2005

[4.1.2.694] Audio files do not fit, but not 80min cd limit

CDBurnerXP: 4.1.2.694 Dutch

Problem with: Creating AudioCD

Used cd: Nashua CD-R 700MB 80MIN

Explaination:

When I click on audio CD and select the 16 files I want on the disc it says 56 minutes en 23 seconds. When I Click Burn Disk, It failes because I used more than the maximum amount of seconds for a cd by ~500 seconds.

Possible Solution:

Let CDBurnerXP tell the user that this is caused by using bitrates higher than a on a normal cd. It would be great is there would be an option like:

- Auto fit files on cd (reducing bitrate till it fits)

- Reduce bitrate to normal cd quality

- Use custom bitrate

I hope that this Improvement (or minor bugfix) will be implented in one of the next releases. :)

Kind Regards from The Netherlands,

Tim

Gregor there is software that can lower the bitrate to 192 or 128 kbit/s so that your music will fit on a cd.

I did not find any freeware app yet, but I did find a 30 day trial of Mp3go128 wich is easy to use.

Kind Regards,

Tim

Gregor there is software that can lower the bitrate to 192 or 128 kbit/s so that your music will fit on a cd.

I did not find any freeware app yet, but I did find a 30 day trial of Mp3go128 wich is easy to use.

Nope, that's not true. It only applies to data discs, but not to audio discs. All audio files will be (have to be) converted to a particular format anyway, so higher quality files (which you'll probably not have) will be shrinked and lower quality files will be expanded (this does not increase their quality though).

The bitrate of my files were aproximately 244 kbps. When I reduce that to 192 kbps they do fit on an audio music cd...

But your argumentation tells me that it is only at data discs... how should I explain my problem against that?