Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

How to clone a CD

Guest Javier

Hi,

I have used CDBXP for a while with amazing results. I think this program is great.

I only have one doubt. sometimes I want to copy a CD , just as it is. Something like cloning it. But the only way I have found is to copy the files to hard disk and then burn a cd with this files.

If i put the original cd in the cd/dvd drive I can drag and drop the files to the compilation. But the program does not start to reading the cd. It informs of the space needed and nothing else. So If I extract the cd and click on the burn button, the program reports a missing file.

Anyone can figure out what is my mistake please?

Does CDBXP a option to copy directly a cd.

Best Regards

Hi,

I have used CDBXP for a while with amazing results. I think this program is great.

I only have one doubt. sometimes I want to copy a CD , just as it is. Something like cloning it. But the only way I have found is to copy the files to hard disk and then burn a cd with this files.

If i put the original cd in the cd/dvd drive I can drag and drop the files to the compilation. But the program does not start to reading the cd. It informs of the space needed and nothing else. So If I extract the cd and click on the burn button, the program reports a missing file.

Anyone can figure out what is my mistake please?

Does CDBXP a option to copy directly a cd.

Best Regards

First you create an image of the CD (which puts the contents of the CD in one .iso file)

Then you burn the image to the cd (which converts the .iso file to a cd with all the original contents.

This way you can save the iso file on your harddrive and then make another copy of it later. (or you can delete it when you have made the new cd if you know you're not going to use it anymore :)