Sign in to follow this  
Guest JosvdMH

Windows Vista

How can I make CDBXP available for Windows Vista?

The current CDBurnerXP build is not working/compatible with Windows Vista, wait for the next release of CDBurnerXP which we have absolutely no idea when it'll be released???

Guest JamesC

CDBurnerXP, the current release version, works just fine under Vista. You simply have to tell Vista to run it under XP emulation mode.

Ironically enough, I used your software to burn Microsoft's Vista RC1 .iso, while running Vista Beta 2...

Guest Jtb

mmh, it doesn't seem to work with Vista RTM - not as Administrator, not with XP SP2 compatibility enabled :(

More specifically, what I am completely unable to do in Vista RC2 is grab tracks from music CDs. I have tried XPSP2 compatiblity mode with various settings, and have still been unable to grab tracks, which means that I cannot copy music CDs. This makes CDBurnerXP Pro virtually worthless for me.

i am using windows vista stable on my pc. i tried it with xp comp mode and also with win 2k comp mode. the resulst ist always the same. the programm don't find my burners (a plextor and a lg one).

@gast: to copy music cds use windows media player. this will work fine with vista ;)

cu tb.

Guest porkyV2
CDBurnerXP, the current release version, works just fine under Vista. You simply have to tell Vista to run it under XP emulation mode.

Ironically enough, I used your software to burn Microsoft's Vista RC1 .iso, while running Vista Beta 2...

please tell us how this "You simply have to tell Vista to run it under XP emulation mode." thing works. i'm running on vista ultimate at the moment and i'm frustrated at nero for not releasing the update and forcing us to buy the upgrade.

Guest wootlanter

course it'll take long. just like comodo. it'll be months, if not a year, until those programs are working under vista

course it'll take long. just like comodo. it'll be months, if not a year, until those programs are working under vista

CDBurnerXP ver.4 onwards is already working with Windows Vista so you don't have to wait for months or year...