Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wannabe convert

2.2.8 burns only one data folder

Guest Wannabe convert

Just installed new version 2.2.8 the other day, and have the same results every time I try to burn a folder of data files. Here is a layout of the folder:

\All-In-One\

\AutoSketch\

\TurboCAD\

\NamoWebEditor\

\PaintShopPro\

\PowerDVD\

\Updates\

Each folder contains installation files I copied from the original disks. I'm trying to save space by making one CD for several programs, since the installation files don't nearly fill up the original CD's. Anyway, Every time I try to burn all the folders, by dragging and dropping them into the project window down below, I get a CD with only the contents of \AutoSketch\ showing. But if I check the CD's properties, it shows it as almost full, as if it successfully burned all the folders to the disk. \AutoSketch\ is only 50mb, so it doesn't make sense. I've looked in the forums and helpfiles, but didn't find any reason why this might be happening. Would like to switch to CDBurnerXP, so am interested to know the answer to this problem.

Thanks!

Guest Wannabe convert

Just realized I should provide couple bits of info on my system:

WinXP Home upgrade

Sony 52x32x52 DVD\CDRW combo

AthlonXP 2500+

MSI KM3M Combo Mobo

Thanks again...

Guest Wannabe convert

Thanks for the quick reply! Umm, by caching, I assume you mean having the files on my local hard drive. Yes, I am burning the CD directly from these files. If there is an option in the settings to "cache files before burning", I haven't found it...

Okay, this is really weird, but scratch what I just wrote, because as I was writing this I decided to test-burn another folder of files, and it appeared to have failed completely. But I ejected the freshly-burned disk, closed CDBurnerXP, then re-inserted the freshly-burned disk, and voila! here were all the files showing in Explorer. So I took the other previously-burned disk (mentioned in my first post), and here were all the files, listed correctly in Explorer. So, it would seem that I can't read the newly-burned disk until I close CDBurnerXP. Okay, so that means CDBunerXP is working as far as burning the CD goes, but that is still an interesting bug. Shouldn't have to close the program just to read the new CD.

Guest Wannabe convert

Doooh! Thanks for the explanation. Now I will go and play with my new CD burning program! I appreciate your patience with my post.

I burned a DVD with a NEC 1100A DVD+R. The DVD says that there is two gigs of data on the DVD but the folders when clicked on shows up as empty. Any thoughts?

The folders are not links. I saw the cacheing post as well, do you mean create an iso file and then burn? I could not find a cacheing option either.

-mb.

No, the caching option has to do with something else. If burning does not work, you can try to do it that way over ISO file creation.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.