Error message-No media inserted in the selected device

Guest frustratedtodeath

Guest frustratedtodeath

When trying to burn my dvd, i get the message No media inserted in the selected device. I selected my dvd drive which is e:. I insert a blank dvd-r disk in the device, but I click burn I get the message above??? Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest alfiepanda

I have the same problem. Windows XP says writer installed and working correctly but every attempt to burn is met with the same error message " no media inserted or media is

unrecognised in the selected device". I know the media is fine as I have used the same type before. Any ideas welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jimothy

This seems to be a fairly common problem, I'm having it too. Has anyone figured anything out?

i need helpppppppppppp it tells me no recorder selected or recorder does not exsist.i have windows vista and no firewalls.can someone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE help me i spent good money for this program but i cannot use it i am getting very upset.

• 6 months later...

I am having the same problem and have a Lite-OnDVDRW LH-16W1P - please help - unable to record any DVDs

the same error!

Error msg: When trying to burn my dvd, i get the message No media inserted in the selected device. I selected my dvd drive which is e:. I insert a blank dvd-r disk in the device, but I click burn I get the message above??? Help!

I finally found a solution to the error - I had to hunt and hunt but finally found a number to support 510-824-0088 and they had me delete a file.

I do not remember exactly what is was but I had to go into:

Run

regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Then they asked me if I had files starting with - I think upper and lower - I had the one that said upper and they told me to delete it.

Call and make sure you have the right file name. It worked instantly - Good luck!!!

the same error!

Error msg: When trying to burn my dvd, i get the message No media inserted in the selected device. I selected my dvd drive which is e:. I insert a blank dvd-r disk in the device, but I click burn I get the message above??? Help!

I finally found a solution to the error - I had to hunt and hunt but finally found a number to support 510-824-0088 and they had me delete a file.

I do not remember exactly what is was but I had to go into:

Run

regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Then they asked me if I had files starting with - I think upper and lower - I had the one that said upper and they told me to delete it.

Call and make sure you have the right file name. It worked instantly - Good luck!!!