Sign in to follow this  

Ver 2.2.8 Install problem

Hi,

I installed ver 2.2.8 to a another location than default.

Now when I start CDBurner it opens installer.

2.2.7 did not have this problem.

Pentti

Hi again,

Mea culpa, problem is not the installation folder.

Problem is caused by deleting "My CDBXP Projects" folder.

I changed "Default Project Directory" to another location

before deleting "My CDBXP Projects" folder.

Please fix installer so that "My CDBXP Projects" folder

is not needed.

TIA

Pentti

I, too, am having problems getting a new version to install. I had a drive crash, which apparently scrambled something, so when I attempted to un-install the old version, it didn't un-install cleanly. So I'm stuck now, because if I try to install either v2.2.8 or 2.2.9, I get the error message 'older version cannot be un-installed." There is no un-install option available. I've removed all the files from the directory it was installed to and removed all registry traces I can find, (per your suggestion to another user), but I still get the same error message. Obviously I'm missing a file or registry entry somewhere, but I can't find it. Could you provide me with a list of registry entries created or some other suggestions as to what I might be missing that is causing the install routine to refuse to allow me to install the program? I'm really stuck at this point, since I've removed everything I can find, yet it still refuses to install, complaining that the old version hasn't been un-installed. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having tons of problems uninstalling and installing CDBurnerXP Pro. I really like the program, but I can't believe how much junk it is putting in my registry. Despite what Microsoft says, I don't believe applications should have to reconfigure the operating system (e.g., the registry) to function properly. I miss the old DOS days where you could just copy files into a directory and run the program. Microsoft's .NET is a step back in this direction, but now that my registry is completely cluttered, I'm going to have to advise my clients and acquaintences to stay away from programs such as this. Too bad, I really like the app.

No, I can neither uninstall nor install. I get a "Network Error"; it is unable to find some MSI file. I am in the process of cleaning it all out manually, but the fact that so many registry entries are created by this software makes this a very difficult task. Sure would be nice to just delete a directory and be done with it.

Hm, maybe a CDBurnerXP Pro Cleaner would be useful (which does nothing more than killing all CDBurnerXP Pro files, folders and reg-keys)...or what I would like but is difficult to do, is to do completly without any installation and reg.keys...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.