Sign in to follow this  
stha

News about development

Most pieces are back and CDBurnerXP Pro development making progress, the program is totally rewritten and will support for UNICODE, writing DVD-Video images, ISO-file editing and much more. We have removed the ripper and tag editor and just concentrating on the burning of discs. The first discs has been burned and the testing has started. Hopefully we will release a early beta version at the end of this year =). At least I want to thanks all donators that have helped the progress of the application.

Best regards Stefan

We have removed the ripper and tag editor

I am new. Can anybody tell me what is Ripper and tag editor and why they are removing it ....

Hey, this emoticon is nice : :firefox:

The Ripper and Tag editor allows users to rip their audio disks to mp3 (or other format) and edit the id3 tags of the files.

why they are removing those things ? they can be really helpful when working with audio CDs ..

I guess because they want this application a perfect CD Burner, as its name states. Btw, there are a lot of other perfect applications to rip audio CDs. But I can't see any perfect free aplication to burning them, so if it helps CDBXP Pro to be perfect as soon as possible, I'm happy with this :)

Btw.. when the new public beta's coming? :)

Hey, this program has major issues with Windows Vista. Any chance that will be fixed in the new version?

Thanks, and thanks for making this excellent software for free to the public!

Actually Microsoft has the problem with its OS.

This is a DMCA thing which was built into Microsoft's new OS.

High definition streaming is not supported with it either.

This is something that is criticle to Windows Media Player 11 and RealMedia servers.

Most pieces are back and CDBurnerXP Pro development making progress, the program is totally rewritten and will support for UNICODE, writing DVD-Video images, ISO-file editing and much more. We have removed the ripper and tag editor and just concentrating on the burning of discs. The first discs has been burned and the testing has started. Hopefully we will release a early beta version at the end of this year =). At least I want to thanks all donators that have helped the progress of the application.

Best regards Stefan

Is it still using .NET 1.1, or has it been modified to use .NET 2.0?

Is it still using .NET 1.1, or has it been modified to use .NET 2.0?

1. The next beta version (and thus the final version) will be based on .NET 2.0. This allows us to remove some crappy code from the current betas.

The final beta isn't out yet, so it's not 2.0 yet.

...Kick out Nero and use this...

I hope the new beta is comming well b/c

the version before did not work properly för me,

my DVD could read the discs but the laser really

worked like it was hard to find the data on the disc,

with Nero it works like a charm but I want to support

this, it's free and from Sweden... just like me, well,

I'm not free... *he he*

:firefox:

Beta versions should not be promised when beta versions are not available and cannot be delivered. Has a beta version ever been available in the last THREE YEARS?

The following general definitions (from Wikipedia) contrast the differences between "alpha" and "beta" software. As you may know, alpha versions are those that "lacks features promised in the final release":

"The alpha version of a product still awaits full debugging or full implementation of all its functionality but satisfies a majority of the software requirements. It often lacks features promised in the final release but demonstrates the feasibility and basic structure of the software."

You may notice that a beta release has "all features":

"A beta version or beta release usually represents the first version of a computer program that implements all features in the initial requirements analysis. It is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but unstable and not yet ready for release."

It is not honest to promise access to "beta versions" and ask for donations in return for access to a forum labelled BETA ACCESS when there is nothing there that fulfills that promise. Do you think that you are being fair?

Actually Microsoft has the problem with its OS.

This is a DMCA thing which was built into Microsoft's new OS.

High definition streaming is not supported with it either.

This is something that is criticle to Windows Media Player 11 and RealMedia servers.

Well I love CDBurnerXP but I needed to go to Vista 64. Just to note that InfraRecorder (also free) works fine with Vista and Vista 64 now.

I've just seen the help page with the screenshots of the new version, and I really can't wait to have it!

When will it be out?

Will it fix at least the major issue of high cpu usage and of closing discs even if not requested by the user?

Thanks