Sign in to follow this  
AveryAndrews

Wine/Crossover in Li

Any chance of getting some version to work under Wine or CrossOver in Linux? Linux CD burning seems to be somewhat lame, so that would be quite useful. The interface of the current version works, and it seems to be able to detect how much is on the CD in the drive, but it won't write.

thanks.

K3b doesn't seem to work with ubuntu dapper lts, which I like best of the distros I've experimented with so far (it has a known problem with later kernels), & I like cdbp better than the versions of nero I've used (it seems to handle multisession cds better), but I'll give k9copy a try.

Plain ubuntu/gnome, or kubuntu? For me, using the fromer. it claims to be unable to get access to the drive.

Does k3b do a good job with multisession discs? This is one area where cdbp does better than the commercial programs I've tried for (nero and recordnow max).

Hmm, k3b seems able to continue cdbp's sessions but not vice versa, so there's a cdbp limitation. Unfortunately, I can't get k3b to work properly under gnome (erasing and multisession broken), which I think I prefer on the whole, and there doesn't seem to be a functional equivalent to k3b for gnome.

Avoiding the whole gnome/kde issue would be another nice property of a wine-port of cdbp, if this were easy/possible.

Hi,

I have succesfully installed the CDBurner XP Pro onto a Debian Lenny system, to Wine 0.9.41, since the K3B did not detect the burner's (LG GSA T20N) capabilities and couldn't burn DVDs. The CDB did it, and wrote a DVD. (with root credentials).

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.