Sign in to follow this  
johndblair

CDBurnerXP Pro does

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone is having the same problem,

I have used CDBurner XP Pro with Windows xp....is the greatest burning program out, but after installing VISTA on all machines, CDBurner XP PRO can not find the Drives to burn anything on any of my VISTA installed computers

JOHN

Guest Buzz

Yeah I tried it, on my lappy with Vista Ultimate, and I cant get it to work, however, I havent tried running it with admin rights yet... :firefox:

I can't get it to run on Vista either (Business mode). When I run I get a warning : "You are running Windows NT or Windows 95, the program may not run under those systems!" then on selecting create a data CD/DVD get a critical error "The drive(s) could not be initialized..." then an information "There are no compatible CDR drives reported. Some older SDR drives are not currently supported."

RMB on the desktop or start menu icon doesn't show "Run as admin" and "run as admin" is also greyed out in the advanced properties. Doing Run as admin on cdbxp.exe makes no difference to this issue.

NMSAccess service is installed, but also makes no difference (could do with a description on the service).

running 3.0.116

Cheerz,

H

thanks flo. is it gonna be called DVDBurnerVista ? ;)

deepburner is currently taking 50 mins to burn a dvd on my 16x dvd burner.. got a copy of nero express 6 thrown in with the machine, which was pre-installed with vista.. and 6 don't support vista.. and the vista built in dvd writing has crashed on me several times, making some lovely coasters. it just aint meant to be..

Not quite...even though the name does not fit, it will stay like that for now. But if you need a working environment, you shouldn't have installed Vista in the first place. There are so many incompatibilities atm that some fancy visual effects are not worth the trouble.

Flo,

boy have you got that right on Vista! I am going to see if I can get them to reinstall XP pro on my acer laptop. Vista is not worth the trouble. It doesn't add anything but eye candy and even that isn't available on home premium. ( No aero) so whats the point???

great program btw. imho it can compete with all the freebees and most of the commercial stuff.

Dan

Guest Rhonda

I Have CDBurnerXP Pro and it does not work it was going a week ago but now comes up as not detected I have tried to work it out but am at a lose. I had to uninstall then reinstall LImewire and the same with media player maybe aproblem there PLEASE HELP