Forums in upgrade process

Hi All ;)

As you may notice, forum is under an upgrade process that will help to phase out the old, heavily modified one.

Here is a list of problems/issues :

1. cdburnerxp logo should be at the top of the page.

2. topic titles were truncated to 20 chars due to an error in the (beta) upgrader, had to fix it manually, everything should be fine now.

please add a comment if you found other glitches.

Lots of stuff, not able to download cdburnerxp from beta releases, please read the post in Beta releases, not able to see the profile of any member (actually was looking for flo's activity :) as to the last time he was up ) but overall a good move. I do hope we get something better in coming days :)

Lots of stuff, not able to download cdburnerxp from beta releases, please read the post in Beta releases, not able to see the profile of any member (actually was looking for flo's activity :) as to the last time he was up ) but overall a good move. I do hope we get something better in coming days :)

Should be fixed now.

yup it is fixed :) Btw are u guys using phpBB 2.0 or trying out Olympus, the new swash-buckling 3.0 which should be out within couple of months or something like tht? One of the things which I would very much like to see is to be able to click on member's profiles & see their posts/threads rather than go to search & then use the author name, tht is one more step requirement which gets done. I know phpBB does support this functionality as I have used the same in another forum :)

• 1 month later...

Yep. We use a CVS (well, in fact an SVN) version of our own software too. This is particulary interesting for testing, because how are you supposed to *ever* find any bugs if you don't use it in a live envirnonment?

You're running a CVS version in a production environment?

Oh my...

yes :)

when you know what are you doing, you can use whatever you want. 8)

Nobody will die or go to bankruptcy if the forum is down for a few minutes/hours :lol:

We live in the bleeding edge ;-)

Hi,

I noticed a link or permission problem...

Going to 'donations'.

Two ways - one way gives problem

1)

From forum list - Choose news, then donation - works OK

Link is viewtopic.php?f=2&t=290

WORKS FINE!!

2)

From forum list; to donation forum/topic.

Link is viewforum.php?f=6

Get error: You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum

Looks like two different topics & 1 was disabled?

Thanks,

Jay E.