Sign in to follow this  
Dawter

MP3 is not a supported audio file?

I have the same problem, but it's not all mp3's.

Its seems that any mp3 downloaded from Limewire work okay, but most of my mp3's are imported (ripped) with iTunes from my CD's - it is these that are not recognized by cdburner.

It is a real pity - such an excellent program too.

Let me clarify what I've said.

I have a collection of approximately 5000 mp3 songs. Some are downloaded from Limewire at 192 kps, but most are imported using iTunes (Win XP version).

When I attempt to create an audio CD in CDburner Pro, the mp3 files downloaded from Limewire can be dragged to the disc, ready to be burnt.

However, when I drag any mp3 which was imported using iTunes initially, I get the error message:

"File x.mp3 is not a supported audio file"

Now I've check the file format and according to iTunes these files are MPEG 1 Layer 3. They play or rip successfully in a multitude of other applications, but NOT THIS ONE.

It seems there either a lack of interest in responding to replies on this forum, or no-one knows much of the answers to assist others.

For what ever reason, I am prepared to toss all other applications out and exclusively use CDburner Pro (and contribute with a donation), if I can overcome this issue. Even if the actual creator of the software can respond?

Okay, I think it's kinda weird that my first post in these forums is to answer a question, but...

The reason your iTunes ripped MP3s are coming up as a unsupported format is that iTunes ripped songs are just loaded with DRM (Digital Rights Management). CDburnerXP doesn't play well with DRM. In truth, most burners don't; the whole point of DRM is to prevent you from using your legally purchased music the way you want to, thereby forcing people to get their music in less legal ways

I would suggest not using iTunes to rip music from CDs; try ripping MP3s using CDex (do a google search - I'm not here to spam), an OPEN SOURCE ( :firefox::firefox::firefox::firefox: )CD ripping program that doesn't put a bunch of DRM onto your files.

As far as why no one answered your post - they're busy here, a Google search could probably have provided your answer, and, unless I'm much mistaken, IITFAQ or IITH or IITM. There's no need to be rude; most folks aren't very likely to help you if you get rude with them.

Watts, I have tried to explain my problem as clear as possible. I am not a programmer, I'm not a computer geek or junkie, I rarely sit at a computer and have never used forums like this. I feel I've asked a relevant question, and you have provided an answer, thankyou.

If CDburner Pro cannot recognize media which is imported using one of the most popular (completely free, no donations) media applications in the world, I'm not prepared to use it - especially considering I've burnt over 3,500 songs.

I would have thought that CDburner Pro could play the iTunes-ripped songs on the player, but it cannot even do that!

Secondly, I am not being rude, but sorry if it came across that way. I am simply stating the point that the majority of questions on this forum, have simply gone unanswered, many of them have been sitting here for months and some for over 12 months. Only a small amount of questions every get answered, but there also seems to be a large amount of members viewing unanswered questions (some with dozens of view). I guess that unless CDBurner Pro can overcome the DRM, it's not for me!

The problem with unanswered questions is that I have been the only one how answered questions in the past. Now that the developers apparently don't put a lot of effort into the project (in one year you can achieve more than nothing) I'm not willing to do it either and rather spend my time on other projects meanwhile.

The problem with unanswered questions is that I have been the only one how answered questions in the past. Now that the developers apparently don't put a lot of effort into the project (in one year you can achieve more than nothing) I'm not willing to do it either and rather spend my time on other projects meanwhile.

Thank you Flo - I assumed that your input to this forum meant that you were one (or the sole) developers. Who are they? Where are they? There appears to be no input or activity from them. CDburner XP Pro is listed on several sites, indicating many bonuses for people to use it, and there is virtually no support for it. Who did I PayPal a donation to? No reply, no thank you, and no access to the beta version after 3 days? This is not the way to attract users.

I am happy to embrace the concepts and philosophies of open source/freeware applications, however please give the end-user something which relatively workable! Many of you may and will slag off Nero and other packages, but the end result is - they work first time!!!! They're no riddled with bugs.

I've come to the conclusion that I've just wasted my money on a donation, which has now gone into the bank account of some lazy stooge who doesn't even have the decency to offer a thank you - and I've uninstalled CDBurner XP Pro - I'll never use it again !!

Thank you Flo - I assumed that your input to this forum meant that you were one (or the sole) developers. Who are they? Where are they? There appears to be no input or activity from them.

The names are in the footer as well. They live in Sweden ;)

I've come to the conclusion that I've just wasted my money on a donation, which has now gone into the bank account of some lazy stooge who doesn't even have the decency to offer a thank you - and I've uninstalled CDBurner XP Pro - I'll never use it again !!

Well...I wouldn't say that you wasted your money. We use the donations to keep the webserver running (ad free) and pay the burning library of CDBurnerXP. I can't tell if the developers are lazy (I suppose rather busy), but they are working on CDBurnerXP. The question probably is rather when and not if there is a new release. Unfortunately I don't have enough insight into the development process to tell.

I'm a newbie here....and believe me I'm not here to ruffle any feathers or get into any swearing matches w/anyone...I'd just like a truthful answer to the question that was started in this log. Watts what you said sounded good, however, it can't be totally true. .

Watts saiz: The reason your iTunes ripped MP3s are coming up as a unsupported format is that iTunes ripped songs are just loaded with DRM (Digital Rights Management). CDburnerXP doesn't play well with DRM. In truth, most burners don't; the whole point of DRM is to prevent you from using your legally purchased music the way you want to, thereby forcing people to get their music in less legal ways

I would suggest not using iTunes to rip music from CDs; try ripping MP3s using CDex (do a google search - I'm not here to spam), an OPEN SOURCE ( )CD ripping program that doesn't put a bunch of DRM onto your files.

As far as why no one answered your post - they're busy here, a Google search could probably have provided your answer, and, unless I'm much mistaken, IITFAQ or IITH or IITM. There's no need to be rude; most folks aren't very likely to help you if you get rude with them.

ally true:

That above statement isn't true BECAUSE..........the MP3 playist which I've DOWNLOADED not RIPPED using Frostwire or KazaaGold to Itunes, MKGPlayer & WMPlyr USED TO WORK...but mysteriously they don't work any longer.

I've completed Windows updates for XP & there were NO firmware updates coming from Dell. :shock: So, anywhooo does WATTS or ANYONE else know what the potential problem may be. As, I have only been downloading for a few months.

:lol: And to clarify this I have no ill intent towards anyone...don't know anyone here....just would love some sound advice. Thanx :D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.