Sign in to follow this  
nikaji

Burned disc is empty

I try to burn a dvd and although everything seems fine while burning afterwards the disc is empty.The burned dvd is also recognised as a empty cd.Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm also experiencing this exact problem.

I even checked the box for "varify" and it varified fine, but alas, come to use the disk in my PC, it's says it's 0MB and there's nothing on there when you open it.

CD's work fine, just not DVD's.

But can you run those discs on both computer and dvd-player.Because I can't. If discs are burned in ISO9660 i can see them on my computer but not on dvd-player. And if they are burned in Joliet I can see them on dvd-player but not on computer. So i have to choose. Anyone else with this problem.

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 with a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2312 burner. I had installed XP Home on a new hard drive. During the death of a family member I clicked on an e-mail named Greeting Card thinking someone had sent me a sympathy card, but as soon as I did I realized I'd made a mistake. Instead of re-installing XP Home, I decided to use a set of Compaq recovery discs I had around. It turned out that those installed XP Pro. Windows authorized uploads to it, so I left well enough alone.

Unfortunately, when I installed CDBurnerXP on the new operating system, it would burn cds but there would be no sound when I played them back. I have no idea why it's doing that. I'm not going to reinstall XP Home, but I really like using CDBurnerXP for my cd burning.

Any suggestions?