Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dick G

Buffer underrun?

Guest Dick G

Hi,

I suspect that I have a problem with my system configuration rather than with CDBXP but here goes. I used to have a Creative Labs 321210 coupled with NTI CD Creator and ripped audio CD's to my hearts content. Then my CDWriter gave up the ghost (can't remember whether this coincided with the death of my motherboard) - it would recognise pre-recorded (i.e. retail) software and audio CDs but I couldn't get the thing to burn at all. I deleted NTI and purchased a Benq 52x CDWriter. Tried burning a few CDs with Burnatonce, Deepburner and CDBXP but would get clicks and distortion on audio tracks. Thought initially it was a faulty CDWriter and exchanged for a Phillips PBRW5232L. I have had one success and subsequently all of my burning attempts have become coasters. As I stated earlier the problem may be with my system. I usually close down everthing running and I've tried dropping the speed down to 32x to no avail (I used to have all manner of things running with the Creative and to be honest I was a bit naive about all of these burning issues - no pun intended).

If anyone could make some suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

System:

P111 1Ghz

256mb RAM

Excelstor 16GB (7200 rpm) hard drive