Windows Vista

Guest s/o else

I´m wondering, too. Just installed Vista and almost nothing works. i´m in desperate need for an vista-compatible burning solution...

Did you try Vista's built-in support for CD burning?

INSTALLED ROXIO IN VISTA ULTIMA AND IT WORKS

HAVE A NICE DAY!! :D:D

I tried CDBurnerXP PRO in Vista x86-64 and it ran the program but refused to recognize any of the drives. I do not know what to do. It used to work in Windows XP!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tester

You have to find the directory in Program Files. Right mouse click on the application file and choose properties. Select the compatibility tab and select WIndows XP SP2 and select the Run as and Administrator check box and you are good to go.

If I try this, CDBurner reports "The drive(s) could not be initialized...."

"There are no compatible CDR drives reported."......

• 3 weeks later...

you can't. it doesn't work. which is a shame, as the 'built in' burning software in vista is the worst i have ever seen. it does that really annoying thing where it spends ages copying the file to another temp folder for no reason, then tells you there are files waiting to be burnt to disk, then after another long wait, finally burns it very slowly to disk. this is the most pointless thing ever. by the time you have burnt just one divx movie with vista burning software, you could have done several with cdburnerxppro

Guest datacypher

Sounds like beta 4 works with vista. When will that be released officially ?