Sign in to follow this  
james.faction

audio ripping - freedb search isn't working very well

hi, just thought I'd pop in to say I'm still using CDBurnerXP as a CDRW eraser and for burning iso images of boot CDs. For this it is very useful!

I'm a fan of a program that builds in many features I can use, and I thought it's a great idea to add ripping capability into the program. However the freedb search leaves much to be desired. I posted previously in someone else's topic here but nobody replied.

I found the program audiograbber uses the same site freedb.org to look up albums for artist and track title details, and I can't fault it. However, burnerXP using the same site doesn't do very well at all, in fact it automatically chooses completely incorrect albums much of the time! I hope this can be fixed.

James,

I woldn't concern yourself about this feature - in version 4 all audio ripping / editing features are being removed from CDBurnerXP.

I can highly recommend AudioGrabber and Lame Encoder for ripping CDs.

Dave

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.