Sign in to follow this  
LyleMAllenIII

Uninstall Side Effects: Version 3.0 vs 3.5 "Class Not Foun

Cleaning up my XP Pro SP-2 machine I uninstalled my older version of CD Burner Pro (version 3.0), that was installed in a separate directory from my purchased version (3.6.116--I believe). Upon load I received a Class Not Found error. The good news was that simply reinstalling version 3.5 cured this problem. I hope helps someone else.

I suspect that there is unappreciated overlap in the two installations that was not accounted. No big deal. Note that shared DLLs can be installed with a "count" so that they are not uninstalled if they are still needed. But of course the first installation and accompanying uinstall was likely written long before the commercial version of the SW was completed.

Lyle Allen

Durham, NC USA

that was installed in a separate directory from my purchased version (3.6.116--I believe).

You did what? Buy CDBurnerXP? I hope that you are aware of the fact that CDBurnerXP is free.

Cleaning up my XP Pro SP-2 machine I uninstalled my older version of CD Burner Pro (version 3.0), that was installed in a separate directory from my purchased version (3.6.116--I believe). Upon load I received a Class Not Found error. The good news was that simply reinstalling version 3.5 cured this problem. I hope helps someone else.

I suspect that there is unappreciated overlap in the two installations that was not accounted. No big deal. Note that shared DLLs can be installed with a "count" so that they are not uninstalled if they are still needed. But of course the first installation and accompanying uinstall was likely written long before the commercial version of the SW was completed.

Lyle Allen

Durham, NC USA