PLAYBACK ON HOME DVD PLAYERS

Guest dukesta35@yahoo.com

Guest dukesta35@yahoo.com

HELLO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I CAN'T PLAY MY MOVIES ON MY HOME DVD PLAYER AFTER I BURN THEM, THEY WILL ONLY PLAY ON MY DESKTOP. I'VE TRIED USING DVD-R AND DVD-RW DISC, WHAT MUST I DO TO GET PLAYBACK ON MY HOME DVD PLAYER? THIS BURNER REALLY BURNS FAST AND I LIKE IT CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jesjes
HELLO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I CAN'T PLAY MY MOVIES ON MY HOME DVD PLAYER AFTER I BURN THEM, THEY WILL ONLY PLAY ON MY DESKTOP. I'VE TRIED USING DVD-R AND DVD-RW DISC, WHAT MUST I DO TO GET PLAYBACK ON MY HOME DVD PLAYER? THIS BURNER REALLY BURNS FAST AND I LIKE IT CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?
Guest cwsnyder

Try both DVD+R and DVD-R types of blank disks, and as suggested earlier, make sure the session is closed, not leaving the disk open to add more later. My home player manual had no warnings about using only -R media, but the +R media did not play, while the -R media played fine. The same disks played fine with both types in my sister's DVD player, and an RCA DVD player stated in the manual that only +R disks would work in it.

After you try it once, you can use the media which worked any time.

Guest kobascle

You first have to convert the file to a dvd file. I use WinAVI Converter. You should be able to download it free.

• 1 month later...
Guest Canigula

I have the same problem:

Before i used Copy2DVd to burn movie i had shrinked with dvdshrink, and it worked fine in my dvd player.

The same thing with CDBurnerXP does not work, the player says it cannot read the disc while it works fine on my PC.

I tried Joliet and ISO2, both failed.

Can you help me find what is the problem?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest yksyks

If you're speaking about DVD-Video, you should strictly use finalized disc in ISO 9660/UDF file-format, otherwise some players would reject it. However, CDBurnerXP 4.0.015.277 can't produce this. Even if you select Disc > File system > ISO9660/UDF, the resulting disc is in ISO9660/UDF/Joliet format, so it's just a coaster that might be played on some tolerant players and on PC.

I've noticed that DVD made with the version 3, which supported CDFS everything was ok. The 4th version use only UDF format or it is possible to use the old CDFS format with DVD?

Wonderful but.. you mean in the 5.x or you are planning to release a fix for the 4.x, thank you in advice and apologize me for the bad english (i'm italian)

I ask you this because i have a small comunity and some of my users ask me that :)

We appreciate you work and it is fine to see how is groing up since 2.x :) if you need help with an italian translation i could help you

Regards

Valerio

So the next 4.x release will have the cdfs fix no?

Then the team is interested in an italian translation? In this case i would be very happy to help you with it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yksyks

Update for version 4.0.022.370: Now selecting File System > ISO9660/Joliet makes compatible data DVD, however, when creating video DVD the proper file system ISO9660/UDF is automatically selected and the final DVD is created properly, but it's still incompatible with some home DVD players.