Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

[C] Data disk with one file + rename = fail?

Guest Guest

I have a 4.3 GB file called taott.mkv on my hard disk. I pop in a DVD+R disk, start up CDBurnerXP 4.4.0.2905, select data disk, drag and drop the .mkv file. Then I rename the file in CDBurnerXP to "The Adventures of Some Cartoon Character.mkv", hit Burn and Finalise Disk. 20+ minutes later, burning succesful. But Windows 7 finds nothing on the disk - file explorer nothing, DOS prompt's dir gives "File Not Found". The disk has that slight color change so it has been burned, Windows sees the disk's name, and XDBurnerXP says the disk has one session with one track with UDF file system and 4.36 GB used. But Windows finds no files on it.

Is there a bug in writing one file onto a data disk while renaming it? This is the second time I have seen this. Normally when I rename stuff it works fine, it's the case of burning just one renamed file.