Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnQ

Im stupid so help me out COPYING DATA CD's

Guest JohnQ

I am trying to figure out how to copy a data CD I have read the instructions on how to copy an ISO image but in the instructions it says go to "File"→"Copy ISO disc" I don't have that option under the file menu. MY options are Save Image as ISO File, Write Disk From ISO File, Convert ISO Image. It does not say anything related to Copy ISO disc how do I do it?

To copy a Data-CD or DVD, start a new Data compilation at startup of CDBurnerXP Pro:

You can use the new-button in toolbar to reopen the dialog.

Now go to "File"→"Copy ISO disc" to open the copy-dialog. Note that you can only copy data discs with an ISO file system and that CDBurnerXP Pro does not bypass any copy protections.

Now choose your source and your target drive. If you have only one drive, you can select the same in both drop down boxes and CDBurnerXP Pro will create a temporary image on hard disc. In this case make sure that there is enough space left.

You can also use your hard disc as target drive, then an ISO image of your CD/DVD will be saved to the location you (have to) enter.

For info about the burn options, read this extra page.

Once everything is ready, click the "Start Copy" button to begin the process.

That is only an option on the new CDBurnerXP Pro version that is not final yet. There is no copy function on the current stable release.