Is there really going to be a "New" version of CDBurnerXP or

I will ditto that....FINALLY.....I say again......FINALLY, someone understands what I have been saying over the past few days.

Thank you gaijin.

Yes, I too will give Flo credit for being the "white knight" and holding the banner high, but I am afraid that even he has shown cracks in his armour.

Maybe the rest of the group will finally understand.

And please believe me, I am not trying to sway users of CDBurnerXP away from using the program. It is pretty damned good in what it does.

But, like gaijin says.....While the developers sit back and rewrite and fuss and cuss and rewrite again....there are others out there that are developing better and faster software that users will gradually go to. Then CDBurnerXP will just be a forgotten program that lost it's way never to been seen again.

Well, so much for my small contribution to this saga. I will now go have a beer......chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug.....makes ya wanna say hiddy ho......burns yer tummy don't ya know.....chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug.

Bill

I personally suppose that it's best to simply let the time tell. If we won't get another version in the future, then so be it, there is not much that can be done about it. Just let's wait (even more) and see.

If you wonder what donations are for, let me tell you that we approx. pay 40€ per month for the server (it's a managed one) + other maintainance costs. It does not only host the CDBurnerXP website actually, but also http://flyspray.org and a couple of other minor projects.

wonkabear, people like you are the lowest form of troglodyte imaginable. You fly into these forums with attitude and badly spelled angst to have a tantrum over a piece of software you have paid exactly nothing to use. What the hell makes you think you have the right to expect anything at all from the developers? Have you donated? No? Then what makes you think the developers owe you anything at all? The people that have donated can see the progress to the new version and know they aren't getting ripped off. People who haven't donated can't see that, but then again they also haven't lost any money either. Is it disappointing that software this good isn't updated as often as we like? Sure it is, but to come in here like a 4 year old that's been denied a wanted toy just shows you to be nothing but a troll. If you think the product is good and want to know where the next version stands, donate a few dollars and find out. If not, then shut your festering pie hole and sit down. Either way, leave your entitlement minded, petty anger at the door.

Wow, great way to start off an argument, attack his spelling. Maybe he's from another country or simply doesn't give a $hite. Bill is right, there's so much awesome freeware out there that treats their customers way better, don't beg for handouts, and produce top-quality products. try CCleaner, Bulk Rename Utility, etc. I have literally dozens of freeware programs that are consistently updated, better than their shareware counterparts, and don't ask for donors for beta entry. Damn, 3 years for a beta? Bill, move on to other software. I used this one for a while, was looking for support, found a bunch of smartasses in the forums. Forget them, let them have their software from 2004 and pay for their beta privileges.

Again, "Guest", you must be an Internet newb if you think Bill is a troll or a troglodyte. I think Bill was very mature in voicing frustration that others users don't have the balls to. Like I said, move on to other, better freeware.

Actually, I didn't think my spelling was all that bad. If it was, then I guess I can blame the spell checker in this forum. It doesn't catch 'em all, but it does do a fair enuf job at it.

Now go have a great day.

Oh, one other thing.....I do find it surprising that none of the nay-sayers have replied to any of my replies to them. Hmmm....wonder if they're having changes of mind. Possibilities exit. 8)

Do we have a spell checker here? That would be new to me ;)

Well, let me see.....if I misspell a werd it gets underlined in red which I guess tells me I messed up sumwheres.

Not sure how much checking or suggesting it would do for correction, but at least somehow it is telling you "Hey Dude, check yer spelling." :lol:

Now don't that make ya happy...... :D

TTFN

FireFox.....FireFox you say.....why yes, as a matter of fact I am using that little beastie.

And you're right....it is FireFox that is doing the checking.......my bad. Can't be right all the time. :lol:

Now go have a great day and thanks for the info.

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rgh

flo: I really feel grateful for you doing all of this work. If you ever feel pressured, in despair etc, just release the sourcecode as a ZIP file (removing of course the proprietary software that might become legally shady) and let the userbase take care of the rest. Trust me, it works - hey, it worked for Netscape! We have Firefox now :) So, if you decide to release the code, I'd suggest to use the 3.0.116 code since it's not .NET dependant. Or why not, release everything and let the userbase decide which is best. I'm sure there's a code cracker around that will put order into it and make a good combination out of everything.

And later, when the new project is beginning to establish itself, you can just re-adopt it (like the prodigal son :lol: ) and ta-da! :-)

Of course, it's only a suggestion. But doing it now is better than just waiting some months in hiatus before releasing it.

See ya :)

Guest MP-Ryan

There's always InfraRecorder if you're really having issues.

http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/

The problem is, most of these projects are trying to address a very wide userbase and the smaller issues experienced by different hardware are often overlooked. Personally, I've found CDBurnerXP is far too clunky; but I have other issues with InfraRecorder.

If and when a new version of CDBXP is released I'll try it, but in the meantime I'm more inclined to try alternative solutions, especially those that focus more on open-source development. Unfortunately, few GUI burning applications are truly open-source.

Personally, I think this project could be improved by moving to open-source, but I can also understand why developers would prefer to keep their baby private.

Wonkabear (Bill),

You can always go pay $80 for Roxio Toast or Nero. They'll put out *new* versions for you all the time, and you can keep buying updates. That should satisfy your desire for *new* :D

Wonkabear (Bill),

You can always go pay $80 for Roxio Toast or Nero. They'll put out *new* versions for you all the time, and you can keep buying updates. That should satisfy your desire for *new* :D

Mikey,

If you will at least read all my posts in this thread, I think you will find that I am not advocating a "desire" for "new".

What I am advocating is that when a software developer says he/she is going to produce a new version and then start asking for money over a two year period without producing anything.......well, I think you may understand.....then again maybe not.

Also, apparently, if I as a "new" user to CDBurnerXP want to find out the latest status of the "NEW" version, I have to be a donator to the site. NOT!!!!!!!

So, as the commercial says......"Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything". If Mikey is a donator to the site then he just ate the cost of procastination.

Now go have a great day.

Bill :firefox:

Guest crissy2

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Guest RAVke

First of all : cd burner xp is great software and i'm using it for almost 4 years!

The only thing i'm missing in the old version is the possibility to burn video-dvd discs.

I hope that this feature will be added in the next version.

I'm a regular visitor of this website but I'm getting tired to see that there isn't a new version available!

Promises, Promises, PROMISES!!!!! That's the thing that I see when I'm visiting the website and I'm getting tired of that!

Now I have installed that Jetbee software and it seems that it works fine and when it's doing what I need then I'll be switching to that program.

If someone is searching for a good/stable/opensource cd burner under Linux : K3B @ http://www.k3b.org

Bye

RAVke

I really hate to say this but I am beginning to think that this just might be all a scam. After all, there was no development of any sort for quite a while and then, all of a sudden, "They're back!!!". The web site is up again and they immediately announce a new version but they "really need those donations" to keep up development. Then this "Flo" begins the excuses, excuses, excuses, donate, donate, excuses,etc. Any intelligent question is deflected with it takes time, dot.NET, blah, blah, blah. And we all know that as long as this program has the appearance of being "FREE", that we will keep hoping that a new version will appear. So we keep checking and some of us keep donating and there is still no concrete information of any kind about where the money goes and what is being done with it. In my last post, I even said I wouldn't check anymore but here I am hoping against hope..............I even defended these losers when some people complained about waiting for their free software. Oh well, live and learn. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Guest voxstin

Signed up just to say this...I really enjoy your software, and have been using it for sometime. I just googled to find the page so that I could install your software on my mom's computer. Your software is superior to the DVD authoring software (Sonic) which came pre-installed on her HP computer: this software crashes whenever one closes it. There is an "patch" to this software, which prevents it from crashing, on HP's website; however, I feel more comfortable using your software.

I'd like to consider myself a "customer" but being that this was a piece of FREE software you graciously decided to make available to the public, I can only consider myself a fan. Being that your software is superior to the software that came pre-bundled and superior to the operating system's built-in (as in NONE WHAT-SO-EVER) support of DVD burning on my mom's computer, I find it hard to swallow that someone would negatively criticize your efforts.

Keep up the good work mate. Even if you don't release an update, your efforts thus far have been very useful to me and other folks that I know. Thanks. I eagerly anticipate your next update, and even if none is forthcoming...Thank You.

• 3 weeks later...

I donated because I like the old version, have used it for a number of years and feel morally obligated to support the developers. Whether a new version comes out or not, the software works as is, so here you go.

Many thanks

Bob in Canada

Hello to the developers of CDBurnerXP

I have been reading the above posts regarding the previous version of CDBurner, seems to me some people just don't appreciate or even think about the effort that one must go to, to create a bit of code to develop software. Mabe if you made up a unfinished small program and put it on the net with a challenge to the wingers to finish it so it would work, (at their expence) they "might" have a change of attitude. :lol:

Years ago (in the good old DOS days) I made software for people and did it for nothing, why, because I saw a need for it.

I have even had a hard drive crash and lost the lot and had to begin all over again, siiii.

So when I came across this web site and see the negative remarks written with a poisen keyboard (pen) aimed at those who have a kind heart who just want to help others, then it makes me say Grrrrrr....

So to those CDBurnerXP programmers, I say good for you and good on you, I appreciate your efforts.

I am looking forward to the next version of CDBurnerXP and when it is ready, I will be downloading and using it.