Sign in to follow this  
Guest XPert

Same error with 2..2.9 1913- could not update ini file

Guest XPert

I don't have the abilty to change my location of my documents because it is forced by a policy. Same error even afeter i give everyone and system full control of the folder and the files underneath it (replace permissions on exsisting files option).

Any time frame on when this will be fixed? Would really like to check out the product!

Guest XPert

I don't have the abilty to change my location of my documents because it is forced by a policy. I cannot redirect the my documents folder, it is out of my hands. That's why i sent the screen shot to show the move location buttons are missing.

Well...then there is no way yet how to install CDBurnerXP. It is quite ridiculous :?

I hope in version 3 a few more installer changes will also be made.

Guest SHaupt

had the same problem, moved the "my documents" folder back to the original place and the install went on. Are you sure, you cannot access the registry editor? Try:

Start - Run: regedit

change regvalue

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal

e.g. to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\

Quit regedit and without system shutdown install CDBRUNERXP PRO

Aferwards you can change the regvalue again without restart

Guest Milpo2717

I too am forced my company policy on Profile re-direct to a network share, so this problem is exhibited.

Suggest instead of using My Docs to store configs, why not store it under %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings :?

Many software vendors erroneously think settings should go in "My Documents", when the intention is for . . . documents.

My 2 Cents.

Jonathan Merrill

MCP, CCA, NET+

www.gomerrill.com

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.