Sign in to follow this  
floele

4.0 Development status update

Hi everyone.

Recently an important aspect of the development has changed (I was finally allowed to help with development :-) ), so the development is going somewhat more rapidly now. Our current schedule is to release a private beta this weekend and then have a 4.0 final as soon as the translations are ready, possibly end of this month.

For the private beta phase we'd need a few dedicated beta testers, who can check CDBurnerXP thoroughly for all kinds of issues (button positions/sizes, inconsistencies, crashes, confusing labels, etc.)

We also still need translators for the following languages:

- Spanish

- Portuguese

- Swedish (well, two of the developers come from Sweden, but there is a serious lack of free time)

- Chinese

Please let me know if you'd like to help.

Hi,

As I said I can help with beta tests, but I can't tests all issues.

I'm using WinXP SP2 EN and Win2003 PL, both from MSDN-AA.

I can check Polish translation and the application in use.

Let me know if you allow me to join to private tests.

I'd be very glad to test CDBurner. I have WinXP SP2 and Vista here to test the Beta on. I also want to burn quite a lot DVDs in the next time to save all my backups so that would be a fantastic opportunity to test CDBurner.

My mother language is German but I also understand English very well, so that I could also check these two languages.

Greets,

Maulwurf

If you are still looking for betatesters, I'll be glad to help. I am using WXP Pro SP1 and Vista Pro as a dual boot on my system. I also recently bought a new DVD burner, so I can test burning on two burners.

Cheers,

atom

Since I'm testing my translation anyway, I'm likely to notice obvious stuff such as misplaced buttons etc. - is there anything specific beta testers should look for, or just try the thing out and look for obvious stuff like that? I'd be happy to post any issues I find during testing the translation in the beta forum :)

I'd be happy to do some QC on the upcoming version. However, I am still awaiting access to the donor/beta forums. But when I do, I'll use a fine tooth comb. Thanks for the good news and estimated time line for the 4.0 release.

Kind regards!

I'd test it too. I'm a developer myself and could test it on Windows Vista Business x64 and on Windows XP (SP2). If you still need some testers, i'd appreciate doing that! ;)

Some have already started. The reason why you were not accepted as translator yet, is that there are multiple users who seem to like translating, and it takes a while to find out if someone *really* wants to translate it or just says it and never comes back. So I need to wait for a few days and see what happens.