Sign in to follow this  
Jypsiex

No Write Disc...??

Help???

I can PLAY audio CD's with no problem but when I try to burn DATA, it can't find the disc. It detects my CD drive but does not detect inserted writable disc. I have used several brands of CD-R/CD-RW's and still it does not work. When i refresh it freezes until i eject the CD from the drive. I have been to many forums about this issue and most say it is the drive itself...??

When I use a CD-R:

Everything is fine until I click the burn button. It says no writable disc.

When inserting a data disc I burned a few months ago, it just freezes up on me without any messages but the little cd icon blinks now and again on my cursor)

When I used a CD-RW:

(Dev invalid field parmlist) - could not write to disc (LBA:520 length:26) Invalid Field parameter list - 0x052600

Also when I start my computer I get this message:

Windows no disk Exception processing Message c0000013 parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

OR

Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf8c + 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

When I put a floppy disc into the floppy drive, the message goes away.

This has happened before, same exact message, a few months after i first bought it and my DVD drive stopped working. At the time I had no idea this error message had anything to do with my DVD drive.

My CD drive(s) are the typical drives that come with the computer.

SONY CD-RW CRX215E5 (They do not have any updates/fixes for this particular model)

DVD Drive (Just plays CD's and DVD's): JLMS XJ-HD166S (I COULD NOT FIND any updates/fixes for this particular model)

I have Win XP which also came with the computer. I bought it about 4 or 5 yrs ago I believe. I know time for a new one but sorry funds are scarce these days and i have been doing updates/upgrades on most everything and i have not had any problems except for these CD drives.

I also read some directions on taking the drive out and fixing the laser or some such but with my luck, I'd mess it up and it would end up totally corrupted. lol

It is vital I have a computer as well as the CD-RW drive. Any solutions on fixing this?

If I had the money, I'd just have my friend install a new one for me but I don't so if it is fixable, please DO TELL!! :(