Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeoniAquila

[C] CDBurnerXP wants to act like a server - crash when denie

Guest LeoniAquila

My firewall (Comodo) says that CDBurnerXP (4.0.013) wants to act like a server. I don't know whether it actually tries to connect to the internet, but independent of that, I always block programs that my firewall alerts for (unless they must access the net). This causes CDBurnerXP to crash, immediately a message appears that offers me to send an error report.

I can confirm that.

It pops out windows error message

I can't copy paste this report...

[attachment=0]1.jpg[/attachment]

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : cdbxpp.exe P2 : 4.0.13.220 P3 : 46f4ca01

P4 : system P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ae87 P7 : 2ba8 P8 : 40

P9 : system.net.sockets.socket

Guest LeoniAquila

Here are the first three pictures (of four, see my next post) of this scenario.

[attachment=2]1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]2.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]3.png[/attachment]

Guest LeoniAquila

This is the last picture. The box contains a lot of text when scrolling down, but of course this is not possible with an image file. It would have been better to post a txt file for it, but the box didn't allow me to copy the text.

[attachment=0]4.png[/attachment]

I looked into this now, and came to the conclusion that this is the wrong place to report the problem.

The problem is caused by the "Enable application framework" option which is provided by MS Visual Studio 2005/VB.NET. This option provides some important features, like StartUp- and Shutdown events, single instance options etc. It also provides a "NetworkAvailabilityChanged" event which would allow us to monitor whether or not we are connected to the internet, which is probably the cause of the problem. So either Comodo is wrong (most likely), or .NET establishes some unneeded connections (in particular, the crash should not occur). In any case, there is nothing we can do about that and also there is nothing to worry about.

So I'd suggest that you contact the guys over at Comodo first and see what they say. If necessary, I could also provide a mini-test application with zero lines of self-written code ;)

Guest LeoniAquila

Thank you for clearing this out. Though,

Update2: Disabling single-instance solves the problem. We'll consider adding that to the next release.

I've no idea what this means, is there anything I can do to fix the problem or is it a case for you to change in the code of CDBurnerXP?

Thanks,

/LA

this happens with Jetico Personal Firewall too. And the program isnt working for me with a limited rights user. Maybe that's because user cant add this program to a firewall (Windows Firewall in this case), the program doesnt get a connection and doesnt work. So, we cant use newer CDBXP at our company so far.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.