Sign in to follow this  
aldus12

[C] Session could not be imported. Invalid UDF tag

I'm using version 4.0.022.370. This error appears trying to write a session after that I've written a session using CDBurner XP in a dvd that contained some sessions create with Nero Burning Rom 7.

I get exactly the same message. I first wrote a few movies to a DVD+RW using CDBURNERXP. When I later wanted to add some other files using CDBURNERXP I got the message SESSION COULD NOT BE IMPORTED. INVALID UDF TAG. Is there someone who can explain me what the problem might be? I really would like to use these DVD+RW'S more often as backups, so add and remove regularly files from them. Yet for now this seems impossible.

Still unresolved problem in 4.0.022.370... I can't continue any DVD recording (Vista x64, at the beginning I suspected specific NEC drive problem, but with LG and Samsung drives and 2 other machines I got the same error). :(

Hi,

I had the same problem. Recently I have done some tests and I've just about sure that the reason is "file system" setting (Disc->File system). The default is "ISO9660/UDF/Joliet". I changed it to "ISO9660/Joliet" and till now I have not trouble with importing sessions which file system is "ISO9660/Joliet" (Disc->Disc Information).

Now I only can't import sessions within discs with "ISO9660/UDF/Joliet" file system.

CDBurnerXP 4.0.022.370

DVD discs tested only.

In the test I only used CDBurnerXP.

I wiped out Nero like 30 minutes ago, my first attempt at replacing it was CDBurnerXP. First thing: I create a new dvd, all default settings, burn it, it works. Second: I try to continue the session, and got this error. So I guess my search for a Nero replacement continues. But I'll follow this thread, do tell me when it's fixed, I'd like to give it a second try.

I too have hit the same problem and can confirm that it seems to happen if I create a folder on the CD or DVD using CDBurnerXP AND I'm using the file system type of ISO9660/UDF/Joliet. I get the same "cannot import session - invalid UDF tag" message but if I don't create a new folder using CDBurnerXP it works fine. Also, If I change the file system type to ISO9660/Joliet before I burn a CD or DVD then I can create a folder on the CD using CDBurnerXP, burn files into it and the session will still import OK.

Very nice observation!

Check the disc, for file system used before importing the session. That is done from Disc->Disc Information and in later versions it is shown directly after the program recons there is a disc loaded below the capacity bar.

The problem might be that you are trying to change the file system.

Question to developers: Does the program create a virtual filesystem prior to clicking the burn button?

Same thing here. Have a TSST Corp. SH-S128D and now I have the 3rd DVD-R (Princo 4x) with this problem.

If I were responsable, I would retract this version of the software as long as a fixed one is released. Previous versions did not have this bug.

Downgraded to the previous version but this one still can not read the UDF tag. I will try if Nero can read the tag or maybe will ignore it and use only the Joliet descriptors. (Need to reinstall Nero.)

Eugen

If I were responsable, I would retract this version of the software as long as a fixed one is released. Previous versions did not have this bug.

Which previous version are you talking about?

Hi, I´m new here and my English is not so good. Sorry any mistake.

I have the same problem:

I burned a new DVD disc (Data Compilation) with some data files and leaved the disc opened. When I tried to add more files in the disc I received the message: "Session could not be imported. Invalid UDF tag". So I tried to use Nero software to read the disc and to add more files with no problem. Any ideas to solve this problem?

CDBurnerXP 4.2.2.1012

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.