Sign in to follow this  
ignorant

[C] Audio Disc from VBR MP3s: useless or impossible

(First thing: Having to register for posting in a support forum is a pain in the butt.)

1) I burned an audio disc from vbr mp3 files. When putting the disc in my cd player i found there were long pauses between the individual tracks. "Long" as in "a couple of minutes". So instead of 40 Minutes it was 71 minutes long. Useless.

2) I tried to burn an audio disc from a different set of vbr mp3 files. The CD should have been about 70 minutes long, which CDBurnerXP showed correctly, but when starting the burning process, i was given an error message (in two languages BTW):

---------------------------

CDBurnerXP 4.0.013.220

Die ausgewählten Dateien für die Audio-CD sind 8278 Sekunden zu lang für das Medium in Laufwerk H:.

The audio image need to be made smaller by removing/replacing one or more tracks before burning to this media.

So I wasn't able to burn that CD.

Flo,

Good call - if people are reporting bugs to you the least they can do is show their name! (in a manner of speaking)

With regards to the audio bug, this has been reported on the General Discussion forum as well (by the looks of it) and I will now test as well (if only I can find some crappy VBR mp3's ;-)

Dave

I can confirm this bug with the 4.0.013.220 and r239.

Attachment shows software does appear to know there is space on the disk, but when you press the burn button something goes a little wrong!

Dave

Flo, that's not the point: You want your users to report bugs, so don't tell them to stay away, because that's what you do in effect. And that's a message communicated on the contact page and on the development page as well.

(And while writing this CDBurnerXP died on me again:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Programme\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpp.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

Huh?)

Flo, that's not the point: You want your users to report bugs, so don't tell them to stay away, because that's what you do in effect. And that's a message communicated on the contact page and on the development page as well.

In fact, I am more than happy with the amount of feedback we get. If you would get the same emails I am getting each day, you would build the exact same contact page, believe me. Even if we skip all nonsense emails, the amount is just too high for a three people to handle it (eg. we got more than 200 error reports since the last release). Whenever I feel needing more bug reports, I'll make sure that we get them.

Anyway, the registration limitation has only been introduced due to spam in the forum, and has since phpbb3 been dropped for the general discussions forum, that's enough for now.

I checked that now, and it is a bug in our burning library. Now, a workaround would be to automatically convert all files to WAV before burning, but that would make it a lot slower of course. We'll see if we can get any bug fixes from the vendor.

I checked that now, and it is a bug in our burning library. Now, a workaround would be to automatically convert all files to WAV before burning, but that would make it a lot slower of course. We'll see if we can get any bug fixes from the vendor.

I'm forced to use the previous version of cdburnerXP to burn my mp3 into audio CD.

Perhaps i will wait for this bug to be fixed before using the Latest release !

Unless this bug, good job !

Also for me it is sad that I can't use CDBurnerXP for my VBR MP3 to AudioCD (for data I'm really happy).

Really strange is, that the bug for a new Disk in the status bar shows 0 MB (in green); if you put in an Disk with a non closed Session burned, the free space of the CD-R will be displayed exactly, but also the burning is not possible.

Is there a Workarround apart the decoding to WAV?

in version v4.0.22.370, when I add an MP3 file and then try to burn it, it sits there forever after clicking the burn button (progress at 100%, hard disk chugging).

Jim Michaels

it was I believe a VBR 32kbps max with a lowest minimum frequency of 11025Hz and was 59 minutes long.

I'm with the other posters. I had to re-install the last version in order to get rid of this bug. It's a show-stopper for me. Once I see that it's been resolved I'll upgrade, but until then I can't. Except for this bug it's great!

by Flo on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 pm: I checked that now, and it is a bug in our burning library. Now, a workaround would be to automatically convert all files to WAV before burning, but that would make it a lot slower of course. We'll see if we can get any bug fixes from the vendor.

by Flo on Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:22 pm: According to our vendor, fixed later this month. We'll see.

by Flo on Sun May 18, 2008 9:56 pm: VBR is not yet fixed.

Who is this vendor of the burning library? Looks to me that he is not responding very professional to the VBR bug fixing requests. :(

Unfortunately, the component which is causing the problem, is from Microsoft. The burning library only makes the mistake using this component. It will be fixed in the next version of that library, but I can't tell when it will be released.

Hmm so I've been patiently waiting for a fix, and just updated to 4.1.2.678 but sadly still have the VBR prob? Please hurry up, Nero sucks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.