CDBurnerXP 4.0.015 released

Just one week after the last release, we have a new version for you. As to be expected, this version fixes most of the issues that you have encountered in the first public release of version 4. It also adds a small feature: You can choose to shutdown after the burning process has finished. Note that this will actually try to hibernate first, because that's the safest way to turn the power off. Another notable change is portability, CDBXP should now be able to run from USB stick if .NET is installed. A detailed changelog is available.

Q: I sent an error report, but my error is still not fixed in this version!

A: There are several possibilities:

1. We overlooked your error report. We got several hundred of them after the release, so we couldn't read them all. In this case it may help if you send it again.

2. We couldn't fix your problem, because the error report didn't provide enough information. You should probably discuss your problem in the forum instead.

3. The bug is caused by a component we do not develop ourselves (burning library, file view etc.) so we need to come into contact with the vendor which will take longer.

Just downloaded it--great software, thank you!

Do I need to uninstall the previous version?

thanks

shannis

Shouldn't be necessary, but I alway uninstall previous version just to be on the safe side.

I chose the unininstall procedure---"it can't hurt" and, I agree, it's good practice to be "on the safe side."

This second version is performing as flawlessly as the first and, has become a valued addition to my tools.

I appreciate the timely responses.

thanks,

shannis