Burning ISO's suddenly stops (no more progress) - v4.0.015

I have been experiencing this serious bug with both the final 4.0.013 aswell as the new 4.0.0.015 version on Windows XP SP2:

I tried to burn an ISO file of about 3,5 gb over the network. Out of the 5 times i tried, 3 of them failed.

The first time it went wrong, the progress bar remained at 49% and did not proceed anymore. The second time i tried to burn another ISO file and it stopped at 59%, the third time it stopped at 70%.

When it stops, i am able to click on "Cancel", then click "Yes", then it is saying "Aborting burning process, please wait..." and then nothing happens.

I can then no longer eject my dvd writer.

When i kill the process cdbxpp.exe, i can still not eject my dvd writer, only after a full restart of Windows XP i am able to eject the dvd-writer again.

When i burn the ISO's with Nero, i never experienced any problems.

My dvd-writer is a LG GSA-H42L.

The option "Use buffer protection" is enabled.

Exactly the same problem with latest ver and same configuration.

I'm trying to burn a 4.09GB DVD with some movies but it suddently stops at 2% (or 62% or random%), and every time it fails I have to reset my PC because the recorder does not stop the burning progress.

No error or no response messages, it simply continues making like it was writing and using lots of CPU.

I have tested version 4.0.017.335, but regrettably this problem is still present in that version also.

i have latest stable version.... same problems... i'm here to open new thread.

I try to Burn an .iso of backup of dvd video on my HD.......

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to the new version, I am trying to copy a CD. Computer has two drives a CD/DVD rom drive and cd write drive. Using the copy CD function, things seem to progress in the Copying ISO disc window until it gets to 50%, status says Extracting from the source drive. But it goes no further. And neither drive it showing any activity after that point. I also try to cancel and it will not stop. I have to go into task manager and stop the process.

Thanks,

Nikko 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue.

Twice, burning CDs from ISOs the app has stopped at 49%.

Different ISOs , Different sizes.

If I quit the program (KILL) and then restart the program, it will usually work fine.

Version 2.0.50727.832

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter this problem not only for isos, even for data.

Sometimes the burn process hangs at a random % and the only thing to do is reboot.

The abort command does nothing.

I have the same problem.

The program have hanged twice, corrupting disks. I always write data from local drives only. First time it was data DVD, the second - CD from iso-image.

The progress bar stopped, I pressed Cancel, CDBurnerXP asked me if I really wanted to abort the process, I said yes. And after ten minutes CDBurnerXP was still showing the words "aborting in progress" and animated image above. I killed cdbxpp.exe, started CDBurnerXP again to unlock my DVD-drive. I pressed both "eject" and "close" but nothing happened. Then I started Nero and it gave me my CD.

PS: I have the latest version

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same problem as reported. Is there any fix or workaround yet? I don't want to waste CD/DVD media! :?

Using BENQ DW1620 (reported as supported by the software)

Thanks!

Happens to me too, exactly the same. Program hangs during burning, random percentage done, can click cancel but nothing happens, can't eject disc, have to end process for CDBurnerXP, after starting CDBurnerXP again it is very unresponsive, after every click the program hangs for about 2 seconds, still can't burn, nor erase disc, have to reboot machine to get control over drive.

One disc was permanently destroyed by this, could not be read nor burned anymore. The last time it happened and I rebooted, my Firefox profile was destroyed, but that could've been Firefox's fault.

Either way, there is a serious problem with serious consequences for your users. I think they deserve a reaction here, even if you don't know the cause yet, so please respond.

I use version 4.0.022.370 with a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S on Windows XP. I always burn data from a local hard drive on to single layer DVD-RW discs from TDK. The amount of data varies, I had it hang on 500 MB and on 4 GB of data. It's not many files, I burn DIVX TV shows, so the amount of files varies, usually 3 - 10 files.

Until the issue is resolved I will switch to InfraRecorder, sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what can I say? Not much ;)

Our vendor is responsible for that, and as long as they are not able to reproduce the problem they cannot fix it. If someone of you is willing to cooperate, let us know. Possibly some remote access to your PC will help for debugging purposes or whatever, we'd have to ask our vendor before.

• 1 month later...

I also have the same problem, but it does this with burning any Data CD/ISO and Erasing a CD RW.

I noticed that the progress never said it started on any of these (status said idle), but I heard my CD drive whizzing about. I waited until the noises stopped, then I killed the CDBXP process and took out the CD (clicking on cancel does nothing because it seems that the program stops responding to commands, but the buttons still respond to clicking so it isn't like a normal program lock-up). It was a linux CD, and so I tested the CD and it worked perfectly (LiveCD gave no errors and it installed Linux flawlessly). Not sure how that works, but it works so I guess I'm OK for now. I would really like to have this fixed, though, since RWs are quite due to crappy speed so I can't quite tell when the CD is done erasing. This is a great program, probably the most features on a free prog. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: By the way, I am using the latest version (4.0.024)