Sign in to follow this  
wemmons53

[C] File size great than 4.2G problem.

I get the message about my files being greater than 4.2G when trying to add them to the backup list. The files are 4G in size. They are backup images created by Acronis True Image backup software. Apparently the wrong byte count is being used to test the size. The message indicates 4294967296 bytes is the count for 4.2G. My files are 4.00 GB (4,294,967,296 bytes) in size according my file properties. Just to test it, I use a file splitter program to split the 4G file into 2 files. I was able to put BOTH the files on the backup list and burn a DVD. My question is, why can I add 4G of data (in multiple files) but not 1 file of 4G? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. At the least the message should say 4.00G (not 4.2G) for the byte count. Also my file is not greater that the bytle limit on the message, it is the same. Please help.

After using Nero for the past several years, I took another look at CDBurnerXP and it now looks great and appears to be a excellent replacement to the other resource-extensive apps. However, I too have run into this problem with the 4.2g limit on my very first attempt to use this program.

A 4.7gb single layer dvd should be able to hold up to 4.37gb of data (4700372992 bytes) on a DVD+R disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD

Through browsing the forum, I've noticed that this has been a known bug for at least the past 3.5 years...is there ANY chance that this bug will be fixed in the near future? It seems to be the main bug that is holding this application back at this point.

Mac

Funny Flo. Can't even talk to them without owning the product. Can't even get in the house to bully them. I assume you guys have posted something to them about the problem. Thanks for responding so quickly. Be well.

Actually, it turned out to be a limitation of the ISO file system. However - as far as I know - it should work when burning it using the UDF file system, but when doing this the burning lib never completes. Don't know if we already talked to them, I'm not so much involved with our vendors. But we'll certainly check it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.