Translation problems in CDBXP 4.0.016.312

The strings [Name, Type, Size and Date modified] do not appear as translated (see image) on the first row. However, on the second row they appear as translated.

[attachment=0]Clipboard01.jpg[/attachment]

The string [For burning a Windows boot disc, you should change the volumne type to ISO9660/Joilet. Do you want to change the volumne type now?] contains an inacurracy. ISO9660 is a file system and Joliet an extension of that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joliet_(file_system) . So it should be "file system type", not "volume type". Also "volume" and "Joliet" are misspelled.

1. The column names are untranslated on purpose. They should use the OS language now. This has been changed because the columns might in fact need different descritptions, depending on what you are browsing currently. We can't cover all those cases.

2. Volumne type is fine, our burning library even uses this description internally. And it really doesn't matter for anyone.

3. I'll fix those bad bad typos.

If the development team took the decision to let the operating system name the columns we must accept that, although the users with Windows in english and CDBXP in another language will think that the translator is to blame. But as long as the program works well, they probably will not be annoyed by a little detail.

However Flo, there is a need for a new language file in english. Right-clicking the buttons from the toolbar displays a little menu with a single option ("Show text") that is in english and cannot be translated (the "Show text" from the tootip can be translated).

[attachment=0]Clipboard03.jpg[/attachment]

I return to the problem with the file system of the burned disc. Let's say that a user wants to make a bootable CD but doesn't set the ISO/Joliet thing. It will receive the error message that says : "For burning a Windows boot disc, you should change the volumne type to ISO9660/Joilet". He wants to do it, but where is this option ? I just checked in the english version of CDBXP and in the menu "Disc" there is an option named "File System" that deals with ISO/Joliet, so "Volume Type" in the error message is confusing.

[attachment=0]Clipboard04.jpg[/attachment]

I return to the problem with the file system of the burned disc. Let's say that a user wants to make a bootable CD but doesn't set the ISO/Joliet thing. It will receive the error message that says : "For burning a Windows boot disc, you should change the volumne type to ISO9660/Joilet".

Nope. There is no error message. There is the offer to *directly* change the volume type. Click "yes" and you are done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.