Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vesicant

Burning from MDF file? (instead of ISO)

Guest Vesicant

I am burning a dual-layer DVD+R, with a Sony DRU-830A, from an MDF file. I have a very limited supply of DL disks, and I'm low on HD space, so I don't really want to experiment. Mr. Google turned up nothing, so, here I am.

What I'm interested in, is whether or not files other than *.ISO could be used with the Burn disk from ISO file option. In particular, my MDF file. Has anyone tried it before?

Thank you for reading this.

Guest Vesicant

Hah, would you look at that. I poked around on your forums, and found a link just 10 minutes later, that I think is going to solve my problem: http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

Sorry to have been a bother. But, um, how do you do this...

[Possible] Feature Request: Burn from not only *.ISO, but from other files as well, a la Magic ISO.

P.S. I couldn't use Magic ISO to solve my problem because it doesn't support DL.

Thanks.

The answer to most of these "how do I burn from xxx file" questions is simple: use a free virtual device driver such as Daemon-Tools to mount the MDF (or whatever) image file, then use CDBurnerXP as though you were copying the newly mounted "disc".

Works like a charm every time! :D