Sign in to follow this  
MacDknife

Default disk is floppy!!

Tjena grabbar! Jag tar det på engelska...

I have just tried to install the latest version of CDburnerXP on my Windows XP Pro SP2 (latest update). The installation was no problem, but when I use the softare, it defaults to the floppy disk and I cannot change it at all. I have tried re-installtion and the "Choose media size & Update disk" function, but nothing helps. I can choose any size I wish from the menu in this function, but the disk size stays the same - 1,44MB. This of course generates a media capacity error when I load a DVD. Am I doing something wrong - overlooked a setting or switch somewhere? I have attached my System Information, as well as 2 pics from the ins and outs of CD burnerXP. :P

I am not quite sure what you mean by that, Flo....

Directly when one opens the software, after it is installed and you choose e.g. creating a data disk, one enters an Explorer like GUI, where it shows the remaining media data capacity at the bottom. This worked perfectly with version 3.0.116, because the media capacity "progress bar" automatically pointed to the default/chosen burner.

In version 4.0.015.277 (the only other version I've tried), the correct burner is chosen, but the media capacity "progress bar" however, automatically points to my floppy disk (NOT A BURNER), giving me a maximum media capacity of 1,44MB. It has nothing to do with which disk, folder or file is selected in the top half of the GUI. Trying to change my media capacity does not alter anything either.

I hope this gives you a better picture of what happens.

:?

Errol

Flo said that already. The "progress bar" at the bottom shows USED capacity, not available capacity. I think it's quite clear and understandable since the value increases when you are adding more data for burning. :wink:

I'm a bit confused by this also.

Everything seems to burn OK but, sometimes when I add a file(s) it says it excedes the capacity (1.44mb?) of the disk no matter how much free space I have.

This is the same thing that "MacDKnife's" pic shows.

I'm running the latest vers under VISTA.

A possible bug?

OOh come on guys!! I'm no newbie at this!! The screenshot information may be in Swedish, but ther is no way that one can mistake the information ... and there is NO disk in the floppy drive, as you can see by the top explorer field. It's pointing to my desktop and there are NO files added to any disk at the bottom! Maybe this screenshot with some clarifying text in English can be of some help.....

:P

"Beräknad totalstorlek" does not mean the capacity of the medium, but the estimated size of the already burned files plus the one added to the compilation. Regarding the first 1.44Mb that is always added to the compilation, I think they have something to do with the boot image, despite you don't have one :? ...

keep on guessing guys - some one is bound to get it right some time, but I'm afraid it's not helping - just confusing the issue :P I am an IT technician with about 25 years experience, so I don't like guessing. I can also establish the fact that when I do load a DVD, It's completely miscalulates the available capacity, telling me I'm exceeding my media capacity by 4194306Mb! If I then close the new version (with the DVD still in the drive) and start up the old version of CDBXP (3.0.116), it works perfectly. To me that says that there is nothing wrong with my system, or the old version, but something is not quite koscher with the new version. Look at the attached images..

The new version tells me that there is already 4194304MB (Redan på skivan) on the empty disk (0 folders & 0 files!!!) and that my total media capacity is 4194305.44 MB - 1.44MB more than the alleged data on the disk. One does not have to be a genius to figure this out, but as I have not programmed the software, I can only guess (like everyone else) to what the fault is and I don't really care what the the fault is, as long as someone fixes it. If no one else is experiencing this fault, then this new version is simply not compatible with my system and then I'll look elsewhere for burning software.....