Sign in to follow this  
ant

Can't burn to a CD-R and CD-RW. Drive and program get stuck.

I have an Dell Optiplex GX280 machine that has a TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSH492B drive. For some reason, CDBurnerXP v4.0.015 seems to have problems burning to an old Sony 650 MB CD-RW (4X) and a brand new Memorex 700 MB CD-R.

Basically, I tried to burn about 283 MB of data files. The program burns for maybe 15 seconds and then hangs a bit, then says not enough disk space (nothing on the CD) OR burns and then hangs (have to use the eject hole with a paperclip since the program stopped working). Then, the CD is bad. I try erasing CD-RW (quick and full), and that seem to worked.

I think I used v3 beta once and had no problem. I also tried using Windows Explorer's Burn CD to erase and burn data files. No problems even if it is slow.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find any logs for this program to see why the burn failed.

Thank you in advance. :)