Sign in to follow this  
kenr77

Help Newbie looking for helpfile.

Hi all,

Hope ya can help me with this. I Just downloaded and installed CDBXP v4.0.020.367, and played around with it so as to learn how to use it. The main thing I need to do now is create a backup of some(+4GB) files to a DVD-R. I messed up one DVD-R, no problem. So I figure I just need some Basic help with the GUI, a simple definition of what the buttons and menus do. Everywhere I look for help it says to read the helpfile. Well I can't find any helpfile. I looked everywhere. I searched the CDBurnerXP directory under the ProgrmFiles directory and looked for a file called helpfile or any file with a .hlp, .txt, .htm, or .rtf...etc...and found nothing. I searched the forum and the CDBurnerXP WebSite and have found nothing.

Can someone please direct me to a help file of any sort.? One from an older version would fine.

I also have downloaded version 4.0.020.370, and would like to know if I should first un-install the older version before installing the newer one or not.?

Thanks,

kenr77

Hi all,

Hope ya can help me with this. I Just downloaded and installed CDBXP v4.0.020.367, and played around with it so as to learn how to use it. The main thing I need to do now is create a backup of some(+4GB) files to a DVD-R. I messed up one DVD-R, no problem. So I figure I just need some Basic help with the GUI, a simple definition of what the buttons and menus do. Everywhere I look for help it says to read the helpfile. Well I can't find any helpfile. I looked everywhere. I searched the CDBurnerXP directory under the ProgrmFiles directory and looked for a file called helpfile or any file with a .hlp, .txt, .htm, or .rtf...etc...and found nothing. I searched the forum and the CDBurnerXP WebSite and have found nothing.

Can someone please direct me to a help file of any sort.? One from an older version would fine.

Unfortunately, help file for version 4 is still under construction, and previous version was slightly different, so I don't think its help file could be very useful.

However, you can give it a try by downloading and installing the last version of major release 3 (look for older versions in the download page)

I also have downloaded version 4.0.020.370, and would like to know if I should first un-install the older version before installing the newer one or not.?

I'm used to do so. The files where user settings are stored are not in the program folder, so you can uninstall an older version and install the newer without losing your preferences.

As I said in my 1st Post of this Topic all I want to do is create a backup of 2 - 2GB partitions and a directory or two from another partition. I think I know what I did wrong on the first DVD Burn. I didn't complete the Compilation before burning and was unfamiliar with the user interface in general and adding to an already Burned DVD specifically. Do I First Create the whole "Compilation" and then Burn.? I suppose the interface starts as Create New Data/Audio Compilation.? When do you name the Compilation.? Can you rename Compilations.? To create the Compilation do I just select Folders from the upper left and upper right widows and then click the "+Add" Button in the Middle.? Once the Compilation is organized and complete how do I Name it.? To choose a slower burn speed and other options do I select "Burn and choose Settings" from the Burn Buttons pull down Menu or is there a way to select the burn options elsewhere.?

As you all may see, I am just looking for for very Basic HowTo's. I do have one more question. Will CDBXP run correctly under Windows XP Pro x64. It seems to run correctly. I plan on mainly using my XP Pro x64 Boot Partition, although I am running both Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro x64 in a Dual Boot configuration. I am doing this so if I have any incompatibilities with XP x64 I can run any problem application under W2K.

I will check out the older 3.0 version's helpfile. It should greatly help, since I am relatively new to burning CDs and DVDs.

Thanks for any replies,

Kenr77

I think you (and I) just need to wait for the programmers to finish construction of the helpfile. Unless people want to just run through the dos and donts of CD burns here.