Sign in to follow this  
pfeldman

possible to expand audio player functionality?

Currently, it appears that one can only play an MP3 file only if it has been added to the project. So, when choosing files to add to the project, I find myself adding candidate files, playing them, and then removing (from the project) the ones that I don't like. It would be much more convenient if one could select a file and play it before adding it to the project. Also, I expected to be able to use the audio player to play a CD, but this doesn't work. Of course, I can play an audio CD using Windows Media Player, but it would be great if one could do everything with CDBurnerXP. Thanks, and keep up the great job!

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

I was indeed able to play a file by dragging it onto the player. But, one can't play a CD by dragging the CD icon onto the player. One can play individual tracks by dragging them one-at-a-time onto the player, but this is cumbersome. The application interface would be much more intuitive, standard, and convenient if it permitted one to play a file or play a CD (in its entirety) by selecting the file or CD and then clicking the green triangle on the player.

Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

Why would you want to listen to a whole CD? CDBXP is not an audio player but a CD burning program. The audio player is rather meant for "preview" purposes.

OK. If I am going to listen to a whole CD, I probably should switch to something like MS Media Player. But, I'd still like to be able to play a file by selecting the file and clicking the green arrow rather than dragging the file onto the player. In my mind, dragging a file means moving it, so the current interface feels wrong.

OK. If I am going to listen to a whole CD, I probably should switch to something like MS Media Player. But, I'd still like to be able to play a file by selecting the file and clicking the green arrow rather than dragging the file onto the player. In my mind, dragging a file means moving it, so the current interface feels wrong.

i agree with him on the moving part i to with like to see a upade on the media player

Audio Player will be a great addon to the CDBurnerXP. Now I must listen mp3's on a audio player, then find em at Hard Disc in the CDBurner, then add em to the project. It very uncomfortably. Player in CDBurner allow to listen mp3 in the same window, wherefrom I drag it to the project.

I talk about Data Project (MP3 disc), not an audio disc. In Audio disc mode player if not bad, but wiil be great if double-click at mp3 allow playing without drag to player window. Why audoi player is not available in Data Mode :( ?

Guest Visitor

What i would like to see is the Audio Player functions on the toolbar(s) instead of a popup window - maybe with basic functions like Play/Stop/Next Track/Prev Track & Track slider

This way - the track you select from computer can be previewed before adding

Once added - you can listen to the whole disk &/or track before burning

Being the same audio player (built in) it will only play one track or the other

Currently when I use this - I double click on file to preview & 'Media Player Classic' pops up, if I happen to double click a file on burn list - the burners audio player starts up - & I end up with 2 music playing together

The explorer window will only do what Windows does on a double click, so if you want to use the internal player you'll have to use drag and drop. We could also add a menu entry or a toolbar button, but that's not so much faster to use either.