Sign in to follow this  

Installer Popup ,Error1606,Uninstall not possible

I have Problems with CDBurnerXPpro.I downloaded it some weeks ago but for some reason

never used it . After some HDD Problems ,the CDBurnerXPro Installer Window came up everytime I booted my XP a few days ago . It allways stoped with Error message about some file it didnt find .It was realy anoing ,cause the CDBurner Installer Window came up too when I tried to install other software. Hitting OK or Cancel didnt stop this Installer thing ,keeps poping up again n again. Only with taskmanager it could be finished.

I was geting like crazy about it and tried to uninstall the whole CDBurner programm from startmenue

Installer came up telling ERROR 1606 Could not access network location

I deleted the folder containing CDBurner XPpro completely manual, but popup problem remains . I downloaded today again v.229 but setup finished during firststage cause it found the old installer. What to do now?? "Total uninstal"l wont help ,cause it has to be on while

installing ,but this is allready done .

What now?

Michael

Nothing now. I think you can't do anything to prevent this bug. It appears if you want to install on a network location or your documents are there.

Nothing now. I think you can't do anything to prevent this bug. It appears if you want to install on a network location or your documents are there.

No,I don´t have any Network locations ,just 1 PC.

it says D: esen Eintrag löschen Retry/Cancel . (D is 2nd Partition of Boot HDD)

craszy too is while clicking cancel like mad there is one windows installer in german and one in english.

It seems CDBurnerXPpro is using a part of WindowsXP to install,theWindows Installer,right?

May be. Try to use registry clean up tools and delete all keys you find manually in registry that have to do with CDBurnerXP.

After manualy deleting in regedit the entys:Software,microsoft,Installer,Features 9ED5AF9092BF.....,

and Products9ED5AF9092BF.... which held entrys related with CDBurnerXP(the numbers may vary with other peoples installations)

the Windows Installer doesnt show up at Startup and when clicking other Programms to start

anymore. ThankYou

Michael 8)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.